One of the most anticipated games of 2021, Valheim has taken over the entire Steam platform with its powerful graphics and gameplay. It almost put every player into another world with the ability to build, explore, and conquer the world. However, Valheim set a record after selling almost five million-plus copies in a single month on Steam. At the same time, its popularity is accompanied by a modest amount of criticism. If you’re encountering a Valheim server disconnected error message while opening the game. Then, you’re in the right place because here, we will guide you to fix the Valheim server disconnected error. So, let’s directly come to the point and see how to fix this issue without taking more time.
Fix: Valheim Server Disconnected Error
The server disconnection errors are plaguing the gaming experience, and it is very disheartening to see a game like Valheim being criticized everywhere due to such kinds of errors. Although, developers of Valheim claimed to improve the server response slightly with the latest patch update, 0.147.3. But currently, nothing seems to be changed. Valheim server disconnected error becomes a pain day by day for most of the players. But, now you do not need to worry! We have some fixes for you which help you to fix the server disconnection issue. Let’s see how.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 or newer
- Memory: 4 GB +
- Processor: 2.6 GHz Dual Core or above
- DirectX: Version 11
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 500 series or above
Recommended System Requirement
- OS: Windows 7 or newer
- Processor: i5 3GHz or similar
- DirectX: Version 11
- Memory: 8 GB +
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 970 series or above
#1 Fix: Re-Launch Valheim
There might be many reasons behind this error, but yet there are no possible reasons found. But, re-launching the game might fix the issue. Meanwhile, there is no hard and fast rule that you need to follow in order to close and re-open the game on the Steam Client. To close the game, you can simply close the game by pressing the key combination Ctrl +F4, or you can opt to close it using the task manager as well.
#2 Fix: Check your Network Connection
If you got a disconnected error message while playing the game, it might be possible to occur due to a network issue. So, check your network connection first if you encounter such kind of error message. To check if you are connected to a Wi-Fi that has an active internet connection or not, follow the patch Windows settings> Network & Internet> Status.
#3 Fix: Verify Game Files On Steam
Most of the time, server-related issues are occurring due to a corrupted or damaged game file. It is recommended to ensure that your installed game files are not corrupted or missing. However, if you don’t know how to check these things, then follow the steps given below: –
- The first and foremost step is to run the Steam application and hover over towards the Library tab.
- Navigate through the library and find out Valheim, and right-click on it.
- After that, you need to choose Properties from the drop-down menu. Then, in the next window, click on Local Files.
- Now, you can choose the Verify integrity of the game file option.
- Then, simply follow the on-screen instruction and wait for the process to be completed.
- After that, restart your PC and open Steam. Then, again open Valheim to check if the Valheim server disconnected error fixed.
#4 Fix: Use Port Forwarding to fix the Valheim server disconnected error
If you’re thinking of opening additional ports for the game in order to get connected with the servers? Then, you may opt for the Port Forwarding method.
- Firstly, you need to login into your router using your router credentials.
- After that, simply find out the port forwarding settings. Generally, the port forwarding tab is situated inside the Advanced option.
- Now, inside the Port Forwarding page, enter your device name.
- Then, enter the port that you are required to forward in the port field.
- After that, choose TCP/UDP or Both located under the Protocol tab.
- In the next window, enter your device’s internal IP address that you’re port forwarding to.
- That’s it. Now, simply click Apply button to save the changes you’ve made.
However, you may check if the port is working or not using any port checking tool. That’s it. Now, you can be able to connect your device via a web browser. You just need to enter your hostname and the port number in the address bar.
#5 Fix: Remove Corrupted Dedicated Server And Backup Files
However, if the above methods won’t work for you, you need to remove all the corrupted dedicated server files and their backup files. To remove the corrupted and backup files, simply follow the procedure step-by-step: –
- Initially, it would be best if you go to the C:\Users\[username]AppData\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim\worlds on your PC.
- After that, locate and delete the Dedicated.DB file.
- Now, you need to locate and copy the Dedicated.DB.backup file.
- That’s it. Now, rename this file to “Dedicated.DB” and save it.
- Once you have done this, simply reboot your PC. Then, open the Steam and run Valheim to check if the Valheim server disconnected the error fixed.
#6 Fix: Reinstall Valheim Dedicated Server
In case there is no issue found in your game files. Then, you may try to reinstall your Valheim dedicated server. Let’s see how.
- In order to reinstall the dedicated server in Valheim, you must first need to remove the old one and then download the Valheim Dedicated Server from the steam library.
- After that, you need to edit a file in the Valheim Dedicated Server along with the server name, password, and world name.
- Now, simply add your internal IP address to the Steam Server list.
- That’s it. Now, your friends can join your server using your external IP address in the Server list.
#7 Fix: Reinstall Valheim
If any of the above methods work in your case, then the last option is to uninstall and then reinstall the game again. This will remove all your game data as well as progress. So, use this fix if there is no other option available.
- First of all, you have to delete or uninstall the Valheim from your Steam library completely.
- After that, search for Valheim in the Steam library.
- Then, from the search result, download and install the Valheim.
- That’s it. Now, you can enjoy the game without having any error messages.
However, after reinstalling the Valheim into your Steam library, don’t forget to reboot your PC. Although, it’s an error from the server’s end. You may try the above methods to fix the issue. Well, That’s all we have for you on how to fix the Valheim server disconnected error. We hope this guide helped you.