Unreal Engine is one of the most popular and best modern game engines with some best-integrated tools developed by Epic Games for first-person shooter games. Besides all, it also has some flaws, which create problems for those games that are totally dependent on this Engine’s components.
Frankly speaking, we are here with the intent to explore the Unreal Engine process crashed: UE4- madness error in Outriders, which seems to plague the whole gaming experience for the users. People get frustrated because they are unable to enjoy their favorite game, “Outrider.” From the reports we saw, users complained that while playing the Outriders, their game froze, stopped, or became unresponsive. There are various aspects of why this could happen. It might be because something went wrong with Unreal Engine. So, let’s see how to fix the unreal process that has crashed: UE4- madness error in Outriders.
Fix: Unreal Process Has Crashed: UE4-Madness Error In Outriders
Unreal Engine crash because its processes reach a condition where it cannot continue performing or running tasks. Or sometimes the issue might occur due to bugs or some corrupted game files or programs on your PC.
In case if you are facing the same error whenever you are trying to play the Outriders game. Then, we have some workaround for you to fix this out.
Method 1: Update Unreal Engine 4
Most of the time, outdated software is the main root of the problems like game froze, black screen, fail to load. So, it is really crucial to update your Unreal Engine to get rid of most of the problems.
- The first and foremost step is to launch the Epic Games Launcher located on your desktop screen.
- Then, wait until the Epic Games Launcher screen comes up, look at the top-left corner of the screen, and tap on the Unreal Engine.
- After that, simply click on Library located at the right side border of the window.
- Now, you need to a list that will open where you will see the engine versions there.
- Then, simply hit the down arrow button to check for updates manually.
- If it finds out any new engine version online, then it will notify you. You can select it and click on Install.
- Wait for a while till the installation process for the new Engine is completed. Then, restart Epic Games Launcher to apply the updates.
- Finally, test the Outriders game and see if the Unreal Engine has crashed error occurs or not.
Method 2: Verify the Engine Installation
Carefully follow the guidelines step-by-step as mentioned below in order to verify the Unreal engine installation.
- To Initiate the verifying process, you first need to open the Epic Games Launcher from the desktop.
- Now, click on Library located at the top-left corner.
- After that, click on the small down arrow in order to expand the drop-down menu and select the Verify option.
- You have to be patient until the verification process to be finished.
- Then, when the verification process gets done, simply click on the Launch button.
- Finally, open the Outriders game to see if the issue is solved.
Method 3: Change Your Default Graphics Card Settings
- The first thing to do is, open the Windows Start menu using the Windows logo button on your keyboard.
- After that, use the search bar and type NVIDIA Control Panel. This will show you the results related to your Search. So, select the appropriate one.
- Then, inside the NVIDIA Control Panel window, you need to locate and click on Manage 3D settings.
- Now, under the Global Settings tab, click on the drop-down menu to see the available Preferred graphics processor options.
- Then, you just need to choose the high-performance NVIDIA processor option.
- After that, hit the Apply and the OK button. Then, close the NVIDIA Control Panel app window and restart your PC.
- Now, rerun the Outriders game to see if the unreal process has crashed: UE4- madness error in Outriders.
Method 4: Run Game as Administrator
When an unreal process has crashed: UE4- madness error in Outriders occurs, you should run the game in administrator mode.
- First of all, you need to open your Steam client app and head towards the Library tab.
- Now, a list of the installed game will open. You need to locate and right-click Outriders Demo.
- Then, click on the Manage option, followed by Browse local files.
- After that, simply find out the OUTRIDERS-Win64-Shipping.exe file. Once you get this, right-click on it and then, from the drop-down menu, select the Properties option.
- Now, you have to go to the Compatibility tab and checkmark the Run this program as an administrator, then click OK.
- That’s it. Now, double-click on the OUTRIDERS-Win64-Shipping.exe file directly to open the game and see test if the error still occurs or not.
Method 5: Reinstall Your Graphics Card Driver or Update Your Drivers
If none of the above methods works for you, then you may try to reinstall or update your graphics card driver on your Windows 10 PC.
- Firstly, use the search box on the taskbar, type device manager and press the enter key. Then, from the result, select Device Manager.
- Now, use a category and right-click on the one you’d like to update.
- After that, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and then tap on the Update Driver button.
- That’s it. Now, it will look for the latest update, and if there is any update available for your graphics card, it will pop-ups and ask you to update. If it doesn’t find a new driver patch update, you can visit the device manufacturer’s official website and download the latest patch from there.
Method 6: Adjust the in-game settings
Adjusting in-game graphics settings according to your system is also an essential aspects. Use our settings to have a better gaming experience. Under the Display tab, you will find such settings mentioned below: –
- Windows Mode: Borderless
- Video Sync: Off
- Enable FPS Limit: On
- FPS Limit: Between 30 to 60.
Method 7: Enforce DX12
- First of all, you need to launch the Steam app and move towards the Library.
- After that, right-click on the Outriders application located on the left side of the window and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Now, under the Launch section, you have to type force-dx12 inside the text field.
- That’s it. Now, close the screen and again launch the Outriders game.
Method 8: Verify the integrity of game files
Verifying your game file integrity might help you to fix the unreal process that has crashed: UE4- madness error in Outriders. So, if you don’t know how to do it, follow the guidelines carefully.
- The first and foremost step is to run the Steam client app and click on the Library tab.
- Now, simply in order to open the drop-down function menu, right-click Outriders application and select the Properties option.
- After that, you have to choose the Local Files located on the left side of the screen and hit the Verify Integrity of game files option.
- Wait for a few minutes since it verifies your game file integrity and once it is done, launch the Outriders game and test if the issue is resolved or not.
If all the methods above couldn’t stop the unreal process crashed: UE4- madness error in Outriders, we recommend you reinstall it. However, if anyhow you liked this guide, do comment using our comment box and show your love there. Further, you can also regularly visit our website if you are a die-hard gamer because we regularly update new and exciting news, guides, etc. That’s all we have for you on how to fix the unreal process that has crashed: UE4- madness error in Outriders. We hope this guide helped you.