It is such an unfortunate thing that we receive some cringy error while playing the game on the PS4 console. However, there might be various reasons behind this error code, such as outdated or corrupted PS4 firmware, corrupted, damaged, incompatible hard disc drive, network glitches, or even hardware issues. In the meantime, fixing the CE-34878-0 isn’t a tough thing to do. Yes, many players already accomplish fixing this issue. But, a few users are still stuck on the issue and looking for an effective solution.
Well, if you are also inevitable from this type of issue, then don’t worry! Here you will learn how to defenestrate the PS4 CE- 34878-0 error. Whatevs, let’s find out the proficient solutions to fix this cranky issue.
How to Fix PS4 CE-34878-0 Error
Before we move forward and see the simple and easy process to fix this issue, you have to make sure that you do not leave the guide mid-way. So, carefully follow the guide step by step as mentioned.
#1 Restart the PS4
Sometimes just due to our hardware faulty, our PS4 going through a lot of technical issues. So, the primary step is to restart your PS4 console and controller. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- First of all, turn off your PS4 console completely.
- Then, turn off your PS4 controller completely.
- After that, Reboot your PS4 console by pressing the power button from your console. Then, press the PS button from your PS4 controller.
- Now, rerun the game that you want to play, but you can’t just because of this error and check if it occurs anymore or not.
#2 Update the Game
It is important to update the game that you are getting this error while playing. So, there are basically three methods to do so. First, however, you have to make sure that you follow all three methods.
Method 1: Check For Updates in the PS4 Settings
- From your PS4 home screen, use your controller and highlight the game/application that has a pending update.
- Now, using the controller, press the Options button and select Check for Update.
- After that, the wizard window will appear. You need to follow the instruction mentioned in that window to download and install the updates.
- Now, finally, once you have updated the game successfully, simply reboot your PS4 and run the game to check if it helps.
Method 2: Reinstall the game on your PS4
- First of all, follow the path Settings < Application Saved Data Management.
- Now, you need to highlight the Saved Data in System Storage in case you require to save it on your System. Else you can choose the Saved Data on USB Storage Device option and insert a USB drive into your PS4.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- Now, follow the path Settings < System Storage Management < Applications.
- Then, locate the game according to you, which creates a problem, and highlight it.
- That’s it. Now, press the Options button and hit the Delete option.
- Restart your PS4.
- Now, reinstall the game and then check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 3: Re-insert the disc to update the game
- Perform a clean uninstallation of the particular game from the hard drive disc.
- Then, you need to power cycle your PS4. After that, boot it and re-insert the disc and reinstall the updates available for the games.
- Now, launch the particular game and check if it helps.
#3 Update the PS4 System Software
- First of all, make sure that your PS4 is connected to a stable Internet connection.
- Then, follow the path Settings > System Software Update.
- Now, choose the update option. But, you will only see this option if there are available updates. Else you won’t see this message.
- After that, you require to wait until the update is downloaded.
- So, now, after downloading, a pop-up notification will appear.
- Now, come back to the PS4 home screen and then head towards the Notifications followed by Downloads.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to install it and try opening the game to check if it helps you fix the error code CE-34878-0.
#4 Put the Original HDD
- First of all, insert the USB storage device into your PS4’s USB port.
- Then, from your home screen, follow the path Settings < System < Back Up and Restore.
- Now, you need to confirm which data you like to back up. However, in case if you select the option not to back up applications. Then, you’ll require to download them.
- Then, you can customize your backup name. Once done, highlight the Backup option and press the X button from your PS4 controller.
- Now, you have to wait until the process finishes.
- Once done, install the original HDD in your PS4.
- After that, rerun any games and see if it helps.
#5 Initialize your PS4
Follow the steps to initialize your PS4 to fix the error code CE-34878-0:
- Initially, from your PS4 home screen, follow the path Settings < Initialization < Initialize PS4.
- Now, choose the Full option.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then, restore all the backup data.
- Reinstall the games and important applications.
- Open the game and see if it helps.
#6 Disconnect the PS Camera
Many players worldwide reported that after they disconnect the PS camera, the error code CE-34878-0 gets disappeared. Follow the steps to disconnect the PS camera:
- From your PS4 home screen, follow the path Settings < Devices < Turn off Device.
- Now, turn off the camera option. Then, reboot your PS4.
- Head towards the Settings followed by User and then Login Settings.
- Now, you need to uncheck the box next to Enable Face Recognition.
- That’s it. Now, you can try running the particular game and check if it helps.
#7 Contact to Sony’s Technical Support Team
Still, getting the issue even after trying all the methods mentioned above means that there is an issue with your hardware. So, you may need to contact Sony for support.
Well, after contacting Sony, it is possible that you need to send your PS4 to a service center for a repair.
So, you still stuck on the error, or you’re now able to get rid of this error after following the steps mentioned above? Let us know in the comment section. Also, you can visit our website for more updates on the gaming world. Furthermore, if you still do not read our latest guide, click here.