Developers of Valorant added new features, effects, and other admirable add-ons through regular updates. However it has been a long time since it was launched, but many users keep reporting about various kinds of error they are facing. If you are facing the same like crashing during a game, crashing to desktop, freezes completely without crashing to desktop? Then, most probably, you need a solution to fix these issues. Luckily, we have found some workaround to fix Valorant crashing on my PC issue.
Nevertheless, this means that now, you do not need to worry more because the fixes mentioned below help many gamers to fix the Valorant crashing issue on PC. Then, for whom we are waiting? Let’s together start a journey to fix out the Valorant crashing issue on PC.
How To Fix Valorant Crashing on My PC?
Games like Valorant require updates on every step, so it’s necessary to update all the drivers and OS to run the game smoothly. If your device meets the requirements mentioned in this article, you can play the game without any interruption. So for a smooth and better run, your OS must be updated with its drivers and hardware. However, before anything, let’s first lookout for the reasons why the Valorant crashes on PC.
- If you don’t have the proper hardware to run the game or running an outdated OS or drivers.
- The only reason why it crashes is either due to faulty hardware, or your system doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements.
Method 1: Check If Your System Meet Minimum Requirements
The permissions and the requirements of the game are always considered in priority. Because if you will not match what is required to run a program, then it’s not worth playing it. Make sure you cross-check your hardware with the least specifications listed by Riot Games. Or you can quickly check them out below: –
Minimum System Requirements:
- CPU: Intel i3-370M
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- GPU: Intel HD 3000
- VRAM: 1024 MB
Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU: Core i5-4460
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
- VRAM: 4096 MB
As you see, Valorant does not require a high-end PC. You can play this game on a standard PC that meets the minimum system requirement. But, if you encounter this error even after your device is powerful enough to run this game, then you can check out some more fixes discussed below: –
Method 2: Restart your PC
As we all know that the prominent option to fix the crashes issue in Valorant is restarting your system. It helps to remove all the recent or programs running in the background. Moreover, it is very effective on Error code 57, which appears when the Vanguard anti guard has not been installed.
Method 3: Update graphic drivers Fix Valorant Crashing on My PC
Graphic drivers work as the wheels of any game, so that the crashing issue might occur because of an outdated graphic cards driver. Therefore, the best thing to do is to update the graphic drivers for your graphic card. Here are the following steps to update your graphic card drivers manually: –
- First of all, you need to press and hold the Window + R key; this will take you to the Run prompt window.
- After that, type devmgmt. msc and hit or press the enter key to proceed further.
- Now, you just need to click on the Display tab; this will expand the display-related devices.
- That’s it. Now, you will able to see your graphic card name right-click on it and select the update option from the opened drop-down list.
Method 4: Reset Your Graphics Card Settings
This feature is for the NVIDIA control panel only. So, you can follow this method if you are using an Nvidia graphics card; else, you can move towards the next method.
- To reset your graphics card settings, you need to right-click on the desktop and then select NVIDIA Control Panel from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on, agree and continue if you are running for the first time.
- Then, you need to select the manage 3D option and click on the restore to default button.
Method 5: Adjustments of In-game Graphics Settings
- You need to turn off the multi-threaded rendering.
- Lower down the material quality.
- The vignette should be turned off.
- VSync must be off.
- Turn of the anti-aliasing.
- Anisotropic Filtering: 1x
- Keep your game texture quality and detail quality low, and improve quality should be turned off
- Bloom, distortion, and FPS must be turned off
- UI quality must be set to low
Method 5: Close Resource-Hungry Software
Did you check your system yet? Anyhow, it is running out of RAM? If no, then do Check once because it is the possible reason your game keeps crashing while loading. Many resource-hungry programs compete with the Valorant for RAM. So, why not stop them from consuming more memory? Okay! let’s see how to stop them.
- To close the resource-hungry programs, you need to right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager from the drop-down menu list.
- After that, simply shift to the Memory tab in order to sort processes by their memory usage. If you find any software running in the background that is eating lots of memory, then select them one by one and click on the End task button.
- That’s it. When you are done with cleaned up the resource-hungry programs, rerun the Valorant and see if the crashing issue fixed.
Method 6: Install all Window Updates Fix Valorant Crashing on My PC
- First of all, using your keyboard, press and hold the Windows and I button simultaneously to open the Settings app. Once the setting app appears, directly click the Update & Security tab.
- After that, click on Check for updates button; this will download and install all available updates for your device. This might take a few minutes or even an hour, depending on your device and internet connection.
- That’s it. Now, when all the updates are installed, you just simply restart your PC to apply the effect. Then, launch Valorant and test its stability.
Method 7: Stop Overclocking Your Device
Overclocking might push the overall performance of your PC, but by the time, it also increases the instability of your system. This is generally happening to those users who have a gaming laptop or uses some overclocking utilities like MSI Afterburner, Intel XTU, etc. So, turning them off might be the best option to fix the Valorant crashing on my PC issue.
Method 8: Temporarily Disable Your Antivirus
Sometimes your antivirus considers your game as a potential risk to your system; thus, it blocks the game. So, instead of wasting time on whitelisting application one by one, you can simply try disabling it when you are about to play the game if this trick doesn’t work for you give a try to the next fix.
Method 9: Perform a Clean Boot on Your Device
Performing a clean boot is necessary when some other software is conflicting with your game. In that case, clean boot your device can help you to root out the offender.
- Using your keyboard, press and hold the Windows and R button simultaneously to invoke the Run prompt box and type in MSConfig. Then, hit the Enter button from your keyboard.
- Therefore, a pop-up window will appear. Click on the Services tab and checkmark the box next to the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- After that, you need to uncheck all the services. But, keep in mind, don’t uncheck those that belong to your sound card or video cards, such as AMD, Realtek, Intel and NVIDIA and hit the okay to save the changes made.
- Now, simultaneously press and hold the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key to open Task Manager. Once open, hover over towards the Startup tab.
- Then, select any application that you are thinking might be interfering with your game and click on the Disable option.
Method 10: Reinstall Valorant and Vanguard
- First of all, use your keyboard and press the Windows and R button simultaneously to invoke the Run prompt search box. Then, type in or paste control /name Microsoft.ProgramsAndFeatures as per your convenience and hit the okay button.
- Now, you need to double-click on the Valorant and Riot Vanguard one by one to uninstall them.
- Then initiate the downloading process by visiting the Valorant website. After that, simply follow the on-screen instructions in order to install Valorant on your PC.
Did you find this guide helpful? Let us know in the comment section. Well, that all we have for you on how to fix Valorant crashing on my PC. We hope this guide helped you in fixing out this error. If any of the above methods work for you, then don’t panic- try to reset your Windows once.