Recently, Overwatch users encountering an unexpected server error code LC-202 after getting the latest patch update. This 6v6 intense battle heroes multiplayer fps video game are famous for its intense gameplay. But, it is very disheartening to see a game like Overwatch going through some criticism. Well, if you are going through the same, then you are in the right heaven. Today, we are here with a troubleshooting guide to help you fix Overwatch LC-202 error code.
However, in a recent update, they added a couple of new things such as new skins, weekly rewards, seasonal brawls, etc. But, a single error spoils the whole gaming experience; it doesn’t matter what they have added. So, without spoiling your valuable time, let’s directly jump into the journey to fix Overwatch LC-202 error.
How to Fix Overwatch LC-202 Error
This issue occurs for Overwatch users on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. If your eyes are looking for a solution to fix this “lost in connection to server error 202,” then you are in the right place. Luckily, there are a couple of fixes that might help you to fix this error. Here, we describe to you all the possible ways to fix this error on your device.
Method 1: Check Server Status
This type of error code generally occurs when your game’s server has a server maintenance timeout or down due to various reasons. So, you need to make sure to visit Overwatch’s official Twitter handle, or you can also follow the Blizzard CS Twitter handle there; you will get all the latest updates regarding the Overwatch game. You can also reach to OVerwatch Support Page to check other players reporting the same issue. If you find that the LC-202 error occurs from the server’s end, we have to wait until Blizzard Entertainment resolves this error.
Method 2: Try Signing Out And Back In
However, it is possible that signing out and singing in back to your Blizzard account from your PC or Console might fix this issue. Although it is not that effective in order to resolve your problem, give it a try once. Many users reported that after sign out and sign in again, this issue fixed in their case.
- The first and foremost step is to sign out your Blizzard account from your console or PC. Now, Sign back in using your Blizzard account credentials.
- After that, you need to head towards Blizzard’s official website using your web browser and simply sign in to the account to be redirected.
If you don’t find this trick handy in your case, you should check out the following method to fix the Overwatch LC-202 error.
Method 3: Power Cycle Your Networking Device
You have to make sure to power cycle your Wi-Fi router or modem. Basically, it will remove all kinds of temporary glitches and cache data to run the Wi-Fi router or Modem software properly.
- First of all, you have to shut down your network device or disconnect your modem/router that you are using.
- You can then simply detach the network device and wait for a few seconds before again plugging it in.
- Now, plug the device back into the outlet and wait until all panel lights on your cable modem blink back.
- Finally, launch the game and test that if the issue is resolved.
Method 4: Disable Antivirus and Firewall (for PC only)
Follow the guidelines mentioned below to disable the firewall and antivirus in Windows 10 PC.
- To disable the antivirus and firewall on your PC, you need to go to your computer’s Start menu.
- Then, you can simply towards the Control Panel and click on the System & Security tab.
- After that, click on the Windows Defender Firewall located on the right pane.
- Now, simply tap on the Turn Windows Defender on or off button located on the left pane.
- Then, you will see the turn off Firewall tab below the Turn on Windows Firewall option. You just need to click on the radio button.
- After that, hit the OK option to save the changes made.
- Now, to disable the antivirus, hover over towards the Windows Security and click on the Virus & Threat protection tab located at the left pane.
- Then, you just need to tap on the Manage settings option. Navigate through it and find out the slider. Then, drag them to turn the virus protection features on or off as per your need.
- That’s it. These steps will complete the deactivation of Windows 10 Antivirus.
Method 5: Update Router’s Firmware
- To update your Router’s Firmware, open the web browser and type your router’s IP address into the search bar.
- You need to fill in your username and password to log in to your routers admin panel.
- After that, hover over towards the Firmware or Update section and then open your router’s official manufacturer website.
- Then, from there, download the firmware update zip- file. After that, extract it from your desktop.
- Now, again go to the Update section and tap on the Choose File or Browse.
- After that, you just need to choose the router update file that you’ve extracted on your desktop of your Windows PC.
- It will automatically initiate the upgrade process. Wait for a while till the process is completed.
- At last, simply reboot the router and launch the game to see if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 6: Whitelist Overwatch In Firewall
Whitelisting the game in your Windows Firewall isn’t really a challenging task to do. You just need to follow the guidelines carefully to do so.
- First of all, head towards the Control panel and click on the System and Security, followed by Window Defender Firewall.
- After that, you will notice an option that says Allow an app feature through the Windows Defender Firewall in the left pane. Click on it.
- Now, simply tap on the Change Settings and checkmark both the boxes located in front of Overwatch as well as Battle.net programs. Then, save the changes you have made.
- If a window pop-up by Windows Security Alert, you need to choose both the Private and Public Networks.
- That’s it. Now click on the Allow Access option to save and apply the changes.
Method 7: Use Google DNS
If your DNS address is not able to reach the online game servers, you might face a lot of problems due to this and Overwatch LC-202 error is one of them. So, you need to make sure that you are using the Google DNS address to get a consistent and worry-free enhanced performance.
Method 8: Use Port Forwarding For Overwatch
This method is quite tricky and burdensome too. We suggest you do this manually if your router supports UPnP.
- To start the port forwarding process, you first make sure that you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network on your console or PC, whichever you are using to play Overwatch.
- After that, open a web browser as per your liking and open the router’s admin panel and log in using the username and password.
- Then, directly jump into the NAT Forwarding option. But, don’t forget to turn on the UPnP feature and proceed to the further steps.
That’s it. Now, you can simply reboot your router correctly along with the device that you are using to play Overwatch to refresh the network connection properly.
Method 9: Reinstall Overwatch (for console only)
We recommended this method only if any of the methods worked in your case because reinstalling means you have to compromise with your data. However, many players are reported that their issue is resolved permanently from their consoles after reinstalling the game. So, you may give a try this method.
- Firstly, head towards the main dashboard and press the Xbox button from your controller.
- Then, from the guide menu, open the My games and apps section and find out the Overwatch from the installed games list.
- Now, click on it and press the Start Button from your Xbox controller.
- Then, head towards the Manage Game and click on the Uninstall all button.
- That’s it. Now, follow the on-screen guidelines to uninstall the game. Once the uninstall process is done, don’t forget to restart your device.
- Then, you can go to Xbox’s store to reinstall it again.
- Initially, go to the Library menu and select the Games options located at the left pane.
- Then, you need to locate and select the Overwatch.
- Now, press the Options button using your DualShock gamepad.
- After that, hit the Delete button and follow the on-screen instruction carefully to uninstall it from your PS4 completely.
- Please wait until it gets uninstall, reboot your PS4.
- Now, hover over towards the PS store to reinstall the OVerwatch again on your PS4.
Method 10: Contact to Support Team
If none of the methods works in your case, it’s time to contact the Blizzard Support team for further assistance. You will also get an option to submit a ticket for the issue that you have encountered, along with necessary screenshots and details.
The methods mentioned above will definitely work for you in most cases, where the problem is dawned due to system corruption. However, if you find this guide helpful, feel free to express your views in the comment box. Further, for more exciting guide, do visit our website regularly. That’s all we have for your on how to fix Overwatch LC-202 error. We hope this guide helped you.