There is no doubt that why Outriders game become top-selling titles on Steam ever since it was launched. But, every game has some flaws, and the game Outriders is no different than that. Recently, users are having an authentication failed message error while playing the game. This error seems to be quite annoying because it bothers the user and fails to connect to the game. Therefore, you might get stuck on the authentication page and unable to load to the game’s main menu.
Don’t worry! This isn’t a tough job to do. You just need to go through the troubleshooting steps given below in order to fix the Outriders authentication failed error. So, let’s get started.
Outriders Authentication Failed Error Fix
If you’ve patient, then this guide is for you; just be patiently follow the fixes that we mentioned below to fix this authentication failed error. However, if this issue is from the server’s end, then waiting is the last option for you until the People Can Fly fix this error.
Fix 1: Check the Official Page
Luckily, there is an official Twitter as well as Outrider server status page that generally post there if something is going on with their servers. If you’re facing an authentication failed error, you should keep your eye on these pages. Sadly, but you have to wait until devs fix the server issue. Yes, I know this is quite frustrating, but we have no other option. However, if this is not from the server’s end and it shows that the game is operational, but you still have the authentication error, follow the guide further to fix this error manually.
Fix 2: Reboot You Router or Modem
If you do not have a stable connection, your device finds it difficult to connect to the game server. In that case, rebooting your router or modem is the best option to fix this error.
- First of all, you need to detached the modem and router.
- After that, wait for a while before plugging it again. Do not think too much that why we have to wait because this lets your devices cool down and indicates to your computers, ISP, and other devices that the modem and router are offline.
- Now, plug in the router or modem again. If it doesn’t automatically power on, then you need to press the Power button.
- Then, again you have to wait for a few seconds so that the modem and router authenticate with your ISP.
- Finally, once the modem and router reboot successfully and launch the game to test, the authentication failed error is fixed.
Fix 3: Restart Your Device
If you’re playing this game on, PC, try to restart your device to fix this issue. Most of the time, just restarting your device fix many issues.
- Firstly, you have to click on the Start button found at the lower-left corner of your desktop window. Or you may also press the Windows key using the keyboard.
- After that, simply click on the Power icon; this will open a drop-down menu list.
- Then, you will have a sleep, restart, or power option in that list; simply choose the restart option and wait till the rebooting is done.
Fix 4: Change Your NAT Type on PC Using Configuration File
NAT will help the router to operate and convert the private addresses of the whole network connection to a single public IP address. So, if you don’t know how to do it, follow the steps given below to change your NAT type on PC using a configuration file
- The first and foremost step is to head towards the router’s configuration panel.
- Now, you can simply locate the Save or Restore Configuration option or a file named similarly to this.
- After that, click on the backup configuration and select the save file option from the pop-up window.
- Then, you need to open the file and find the “last bind” option.
- After that, inside the “last bind option”, you have to replace the port number by bind application=CONE(UDP) port=5555-5555.”
- Now, return back to your router’s configuration panel after saving the file. Then, you need to locate the option that can load the configurations from your hard drive.
- After that, simply tap on the Restore configuration tab and restart your router.
Fix 5: Make sure the game is updated to its latest version.
If you are facing the authentication failed error while playing the game, then first check if you have the latest version of the game or not. If you find that you don’t have the latest version of the game on your device, try to update it. In case you are a PC user, then you can visit its official website or normally update the game through the Steam library. If you are a console user, you do not need to worry because it will automatically download and install the latest version of the game.
Fix 6: Try to Login Again Using Your Credentials
If none of the methods mentioned above works for you, try to log out and log in again using your same account or make a new one to connect to the server.
- The first and foremost step is to go to the Square Enix membership page and hit the Steam button to log in.
- Then, fill in your Steam’s I’d and password and select the Link Account tab.
- After that, you can simply follow the on-screen instruction to log in successfully.
- That’s it. Wait for a few seconds till the registration process completed.
- Now, launch the Outriders game to see if the authentication failed error is fixed or not.
In case you find that these fixes won’t help you to fix this issue. You may try to contact the support team to find a solution to play this game again. Now, if you want more such kind of troubleshooting guide, visit our website regularly. That’s all we have for you on how to fix outriders authentication failed error. We hope this guide helped you. However, if you find this guide really helpful, don’t forget to use our comment section to show your love.