Hitman 3 is the new addition in the Hitman series, developed and published by IO Interactive. If you are a single-player mode lover, then this is the right choice for you. In Hitman 3, you have to control the role of assassin Agent 47 in the continuation of the story of the other two series. Doesn’t matter which platform you have because it is launched for the various platform such as Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4&5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Stadia, etc.
IO Interactive has received many good reviews from critics for its plot and graphics. But, recently, players have started facing some server errors while playing game. They encountered an unwanted ‘Connection Failed’ error notification. Are you also facing the same error? Don’t worry! Here’s a piece of good news for you guys! If your eyes are looking for a solution to fix the Hitman 3 connection failed error. Then, you are in the right place. Today, we are here with some latest and easy workarounds for you guys to fix the issue and enjoy your game. So, let’s see how.
Hitman 3′ Connection Failed’ Error Fix
There might be various reasons why this error occurs; it might be due to a poor connection or some system hardware issue. But, don’t worry! We have some tricks that can be resolved the ‘connection failed’ error. Let’s enlighten those tricks and quickly fix the issue.
Fix 1: Restart the Game
The very first thing which you can do before trying any other steps is to restart your game. You just simply close the game and restart it again, do this multiple times, and see if the error resolved or not. If yes, then go and enjoy your game. But, in case it is not resolved yet, then follow the next fix.
Fix 2: Troubleshoot Router
If, after restarting the game a few times, the error didn’t resolve, then try to refresh or reboot your router or power cycle your router.
Below are some steps you should follow in order to reboot the router are as following:
- First of all, you need to switch off everything that has a connection to your network.
- Now, simply disconnect the cords plugged into the router/modem.
- After disconnecting, you have to wait for atleast 20 to 30 seconds.
- Then, connect the cords again into the router.
- Now, wait for 2-3 minutes, and then turn on your consoles. Then, connect your console to the internet.
Keep in mind that you need to rerun the game, once you have successfully applied all the steps as stated. Now, if the above steps won’t help you fix the issue, don’t worry! We have some more fixes that might help you.
Fix 3: Run Hitman 3 as an Administrator
Suppose even after troubleshooting your router, the error occurs. Then, you can try once to run the game with all the administrator rights as the error can be caused due to some administrator restriction.
To run Hitman 3 or game launcher as an administrator, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to go to the game’s file path and right-click the Hitman 3 ‘.exe’ file.
- Select Properties, and after that, select the Compatibility tab.
- You will find the option Run the program as an administrator, checkmark the box next to it.
- Now, click Apply and then click Ok.
Now, the game is running as an administrator. In order to check if the issue is fixed or not, launch the game and try to reconnect to the server. Suppose you failed to connect to the server and still showing a Connection Failed error. Then, you should follow the next fix.
Fix 4: Check Windows Firewall
You should make sure while running the Hitman it is not blocked through your Windows Firewall. It might be possible that Windows Firewall restricts you from playing the game, due to which the connection failed error is occurring. To check the Windows Firewall settings, and run Hitman without any restriction, follow the following steps:
- Go to Control Panel and click the System and Security option.
- Now, you will find Windows Defender Firewall there, and below it, you will see Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Click on it and then, make sure Hitman 3 is on the list. Then, checkmark the box next to your game (If the public box is also checked, make sure to remove it).
- If your game is not on the list, then click on Change Settings located at the top of the screen.
- Now, click on Allow another app and add your Hitman 3 ‘.exe’ file.
Fix 5: IP Release, Renew and Clear DNS
You can also try to flush DNS and renew the IP; it will clear unwanted data. To do this, follow the below-given steps:
- Press Windows+X on the keyboard.
- Click Yes in order to run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Use your keyboard and type ipconfig/flushdns. Then, press enter button.
- Type ipconfig/release and hit the enter.
- Now, type ipconfig/renew and press the enter.
- Finally, you need to relaunch the game again.
Note: This is for Windows 10 users. If you have another version, then the first thing you need to do is press Windows+R. After that, the Run dialog box will appear there; you type cmd and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. After that, follow the same steps given above to flush DNS and renew the IP.
Fix 6: Update the Network Driver
Sometimes due to your firewall, the network driver will disabled, which can cause the ‘connection failed’ type errors. So, you need to make sure that you have updated your network driver with the latest patch version to fix the error. To update the network driver, you have two options. You can either go to its manufacturer’s official website or update the network driver from the device manager, whichever will be suitable for you. A third option is also available for you. Yes, you can go with a third-party update assistant application to automatically update your driver.
Fix 7: Turn off Antivirus Software
You can also temporarily disable the antivirus software, as it might be possible that it has blocked some functions of the game due to which connection failed error is occurring. We personally do not recommend you to try this method as it can cause harm to your system security and privacy. But, you can try it if you are eagerly waiting to play this game and nothing is working for you to fix the issue.
Fix 8: Contact to Support Team
Suppose you are unable to resolve the error, even after applying all the methods. Then, there must be a server down or another issue from the developer’s side. You can quickly contact the support team; they will surely help you to sort out this issue.
Hitman 3 is almost becoming a darling game among players. But, the devs need to fix some glitches, bugs, and server errors. We hope that developers will soon provide some permanent solutions to fix the errors. Till then, try the above-given steps and methods to fix Hitman 3′ Connection Failed’ Error.
That’s all we have for you on how to fix the Hitman 3 connection failed error. We hope this guide helped you. If you need such kind of article or troubleshooting guides, visit our website regularly. Furthermore, which method allows you to fix the issue, or if you know of any different way to fix this issue, let us know in the comment section.