Assassin’s Creed Valhalla game is continuing Layla’s story. Yes, you are now thrown into the 9th century, not long after Ragnar Lothbrok or Lodbrok was thrown into the snake pit by Aelle, the king of Mercia. Just like in the predecessor, you can decide which gender to choose in the animus. However, both characters have the same name.
Sound interesting? Of course, this game is exciting unless you are getting any errors because errors are in the genes of this game.
Currently, many players worldwide reported that they want to play Assassins Creed: Valhalla, but they’re stuck on the loading screen, or the game simply crashes without opening at all? So, we are here to help out those users who are facing this issue. Yes, this guide takes you through some steps to try and repair the game. But, by the end, you should be able to play the game as usual.
How To Fix Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Crashing (2021)
Although Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the best RPG game in the Assassin franchise, the game is not free from bugs and glitches. Almost regularly, users encountering several bugs. That’s the reason why most of the players are frustrated with this and shifting towards other games. So, if you are also getting frustrated with the crashing error, follow the guide until the end.
Hold on! Before we get started with the comprehensive guide, make sure you have a capable system of actually running the game. Firstly, you make sure that you can’t have windows 7 or 8. To run this game smoothly, you need windows 10.
Then, if you have an older graphics card, check the game’s minimum requirements that we mentioned further in this guide, as even some of the older graphics released a few years back aren’t fully supported and are considered too old. So, without further ado, let’s first take a look at the minimum and recommended system requirements to run this game on your PC smoothly.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Minimum System Requirements:
- CPU: Core i5-4460 – 3.2 Ghz or Ryzen 3 1200 – 3.1 Ghz
- RAM: 8 GB
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 380 or Similar
- V-SHADER: 5.1
- P-SHADER: 5.1
- AUDIO CARD: Yes
- FREE STORAGE: At least 50 GB
- DEDICATED VRAM: 2048 MB
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla TheGamingBook’s Recommended Requirements:
- CPU: Core i7-6700 – 3.4 Ghz or Ryzen 7 1700 – 3.0 Ghz
- RAM: 8 GB
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 64-bit
- GPU: GeForce GTX 1080- 8GB or AMD Vega 64 – 8GB or Better
- V-SHADER: 5.1
- P-SHADER: 5.1
- AUDIO CARD: Yes
- FREE STORAGE: At least 50 GB
- DEDICATED VRAM: 8192 MB
Also, make sure you have DirectX 12 because this game requires DirectX 12 support to even startup. Now, you check all the things. But, if you still can’t run the game, and whenever you start the game, you get an unwanted crashing issue. Then, there’s something super simple method we have. So, let’s see them.
Fix 1: Restart Your Device
This is the universal step that you need to follow. Most of the time, we ignore the importance of rebooting. But, this has the potential to fix most of the errors and bugs. Now, you all might think that just rebooting the device will help you fix the error. Well, it will clear all the temporary cache data and give your system a fresh start to perform and run the game smoothly. Once you’ve successfully rebooted your device, launch the game and check if it helps.
Fix 1: Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++
This is one of the best solutions to get rid of the crashing issue in any game. To do so, open up Ubisoft connect audio player, head across to the game section, locate Assassin’s creed Valhalla, right-click on it and select the view game details.
- Then, head across to properties, and then under local files, click the open folder.
- Now, open up the support folder software VC redist and simply run VC Redis 64.exe.
- This will install the Microsoft visual c ++ redistributables that were released between 2015 and 2019. Afterward, click on I agree and install.
This will install all the missing programs that your PC requires to start the game. That’s it. After doing that, you should be able to play it, as usual, not getting the crashing errors.
Fix 2: Allow the Game In Windows Defender
I think you can understand what I want you to do. Well, this will not be an arduous task to do. Yes, it’s totally a super simple trick to fix the crashing issue. Sometimes our antivirus considers our games and application as a third-party threat and starts blocking them. However, this leads to various problems like crashing, freezing, stuttering, etc.
Anyway, most of the user love to use Windows antivirus instead of a third-party antivirus. So, if you are also doing the same, then you need to try allowing the game through windows ransomware protection as it can stop the game from running correctly.
To do so, you can simply follow the comprehensive steps:
- Firstly, press start and type in windows security.
- Then the windows security window will open up.
- After that, you need to head across to virus and threat protection simply.
- Then, scroll down to the very bottom and locate ransomware protection.
- Now, click manage ransomware protection, and then on the next screen, check if controlled folder access is turned on.
- Then, click the “Allow an app through controlled folder access” option and click on the yes button.
Now, launch the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and check if it helps. If not, then it should mean that this has no effect on your game, and you have to continue to the next potential step to fix it.
Fix 3: Update the Windows
If the above two method doesn’t work, then there are more fixes that you can try. However, in case sometimes if you are using an old version of Windows. So, how will you check if you have the latest version of Windows?
- Simply open your browser and search for the latest Windows version for your respective PC.
- Then, match the version with the Windows version installed on your PC now if you’re 100 sure that you’re on an old version of windows.
- Then, head across to the start and search for Check For Update. After that, simply open the appropriate one, where we’ll be manually checking for updates. Now, you need to wait until it searches for the latest update.
- When it’s done, your system will automatically download and install it. After that, you must go ahead reboot your PC in order to apply those updates successfully.
That’s it. Now, see if the game works properly. If not, then follow the next potential fixes.
Fix 4: Set it to High Performance.
If you’re using a gaming beast, then you need to tell the game to mainly use your powerful graphics card instead of your integrated graphics card. Open up the task manager. There you’ll see your GPU name. In my case, it is the Intel HD graphics along with a dedicated graphics card over there.
Now, you need to tell the game to use your dedicated GPU instead of the really low-powered integrated graphics chip that doesn’t even have DirectX 12 support.
- So simply head towards the start menu and type in graphics settings. Then, open up graphic settings. Now, from there, you can enable hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling for some extra performance.
- If it’s not already enabled, but that’s not important. Yes, it would help if you looked for graphics performance preference.
- Then, under this option, simply make sure you have the desktop app selected and then click browse again navigate across to where the game is. Now, select both Valhalla and Valhalla plus.exe.
- However, after double-clicking on it, simply locate it on the list. Then, click on it followed by options and when you’re presented, make sure you select high performance and not power saving or let windows decide.
- Then, click on save. Also, keep in mind that you need to do it for both of them. This will force the game to launch using your high-performance GPU instead of the integrated one. Once you did this, try the game and see if it works.
Fix 5: Run As Administration
If the above method doesn’t help you, don’t worry! There are a few more couples of last things that you can try.
- First of all, head across to the game folder.
- Once again, you have to right-click on the game and select view game details under properties.
- Then, open the file location where it was installed and locate the valhalla.exe. Then, right-click on it.
- Now, click Run as administrator.
That’s it. Now, this will launch the game in administrator mode in order to give it access to your entire file system.
Fix 6: Set it to High-Priority.
This will also help you fix the crashing issue. But, to do so, you need to follow a couple of steps. So, firstly starting up shift+ctrl+escape to bring up your task manager. Now, you need to locate Valhalla. Then, right-click and click go to details.
After that, select the set priority. Now, choose or set it to high. This will run the game with the highest priority taking all of the performance out of our pc that it needs to run. However, hopefully, it will help you boot up the game without experiencing random crashes.
Fix 7: Lowering Down In-Game Graphics Setting
You need to make sure to lower the graphics settings. Let’s assume that it didn’t start up properly. So, what you need to do is simply open the game and go to the in-game menu. Now, from there, lowering down the graphics settings. This will help you run the game in lower graphics using less of your PC resources. Now, play the game and check if it crashed out anymore.
Fix 8: Check for Overheating
Mostly, overheating is the reason due to which our PC or Console is not able to perform well to run any program. If you notice that your PC is overheating after using it for a long time, then you must have to leave it and let it cool off. You can do so by shut down your device and leave it for several hours to cool down.
However, we recommend you do not use the device if you notice that it is started heating up, as this might damage your hardware.
If your device is heated up regularly, check if it has proper ventilation; else, contact a technician or go to the service center to repair the overheating issue.
Fix 9: Verify The Game File
However, if you are still getting the game crashes issue. Then, it would help if you opened your game launcher whatsoever simply you are using. Now, go to the library of installed games and select it. Then, choose the verify the game files located inside the property menu. This will start running through all the game files on your PC and make sure that they’re not
corrupt at all, and download fixes if anything’s broken. So, you need to wait until the process is done. Then, rerun the game and check if it still crashes.
Fix 10: Uninstall the Game and Reinstall it.
This is the final tip that we have for you. But, it is only recommended if any of the above methods worked for you. It will completely uninstall the game and reinstalling it. However, we suggest you install it again in a different location other than the C drive. This will fix each issue that the game has on your PC and work correctly.
Fix 11: Contact to Support Team
If you are nowhere even after following the above guide. Then, you’ll need to contact Ubisoft support as you’ve tried
basically everything. So, head across to Ubisoft’s official website and navigate all the way to the end and click on Support. Then, follow the on-screen instruction to ask them for further help.
- Check if your GPU driver is up-to-date.
- Also, check if any application is conflicting with your game.
Although Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is a fantastic game, no one wants to play the game with bugs and glitches. So, developers have to look further into this and try to fix these annoying errors in order to provide a smooth gaming experience to their users.
Anyway, these were some technical aspects that you need to use for troubleshooting the crashing issue on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. So, that’s it for this guide, and we’ll see you all next time with some other article. Till then, you can visit our website regularly for more. Also, you can comment down if you have any other issues regarding this error. We will surely help if from our side if it is possible.