Nintendo Switch is one of the most powerful devices out there for gaming. And all might be familiar with its craze that when it was launched back in 2017, almost a huge crowd crash the internet to buy this fabulous handy gaming device. However, since it’s an electronic device, it might get affected by bugs and glitches after updating to the latest OS update. So, in that case, factory resetting your Nintendo Switch is the best option that we have. Since factory reset, this device a bit complicated and need good knowledge to do so. Thus, some users find it difficult in this. This drives us to conclude by bringing a guide to clearly mention how to factory reset a Nintendo Switch device itself. So, without moving things around, let’s directly come to the guide quickly.
How To Factory Reset a Nintendo Switch
Well, when we need to soft reset or factory reset our device, obviously when it gets started freezing, lagging, or experiencing any other error. So, before you go with the factory reset, we recommend you try soft reset once and check if it helps. If you know how to reset your Nintendo Switch device soft, then it’s great. But, if you do not have any idea, follow the steps given below to do so:
Soft Reset Your Device
Follow the steps to soft reset your Nintendo Switch device:
- First of all, you need to press the small circular power key located at the top of your Nintendo Switch and hold it down for about 15 seconds until the system powers off. This will force your device to go under the soft reset.
- Now, press the power button again after waiting for at least 30 seconds.
- After that, you will notice the Nintendo logo first.
- Then, it automatically turns on again within a few seconds.
- Now, if you wish to wipe your data, you might need to complete a factory reset.
Now, if you’ve noticed that a soft reset won’t help you fix the lagging issue, we recommend you go for factory reset the device.
Factory Reset Your Device
Follow the points step-by-step carefully to factory reset your Nintendo Switch device:
- The first step is to go to the System Settings page found under the toolbar inside your games and apps section and look similar to a gear icon.
- Now, once you’re in there, simply scroll down to the bottom and, from the left menu, select “System.”
- After that, you just need to scroll down and locate the “Formatting Options” and click on it inside the System menu.
- That’s it. Now, you just require to scroll down and locate the “Initialize Console.” Once you get it, click on it.
- Now, in the next window, click on the “Next” button to confirm your action. That’s it. Now, the factory reset process gets started.
- It might take a few minutes to wipe all your data and set up the things for you like a factory default setting.
That’s how you factory reset your Nintendo Switch. So, now what are you waiting for? Go and reset your device to enjoy the endless gaming again. Well, we hope you find this guide informative. Now, if you have any queries, you can use our comment box to let us know. Furthermore, don’t forget to visit our website TheGamingBook for more gaming update.