GTA V is the best action-adventure game based on the state of San Andreas. Rockstar Games published this game. It is the prime entry in the series since 2008’s GTA IV. Although the gameplay physics is spectacular, in no way, you must expect it to be run smoothly on your device. Yes, many players reported that while playing the game on Xbox One, the game suddenly keeps crashing. This will become a headache for most of the users. However, even though there are not enough methods, we have to fix this issue. But, you can try the available fixes mentioned below to get rid of the crashing error. So, let’s get started with this and see how you can fix this.
Why Does GTA 5 Keep Crashing on Xbox One | How to Fix
Recently, players are stuck on a ‘Joining GTA Online’ loading screen whenever they are trying to play the multiplayer mode and sometimes, the game crashing without any prior notification.
Rockstar Support team has yet to roll out any solution to fix this issue. However, it is considered by the users that after a recent patch update. But I think Xbox One owners didn’t have to wait for long. So yes, currently, we hope that Rockstar Games soon provide some permanent solution to fix this. Till then, you can follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
Method 1: Restart Your Xbox
As we know, restarting the device can able to solve many technical problems, and it is no harm to restart our device or game. So, let’s go and restart your Xbox One or follow the steps given below to restart your device:
- First of all, press and hold the Xbox button using your Xbox controller. This will open the Power Center of your Xbox.
- Now, you can simply select the Restart console.
- Then, confirm your action and wait until it gets restarted.
Method 2: Install the Latest Patch
Although restarting the device has the potential to fix most of the technical issues. But, sometimes, it is not enough to fix the problems if you are running on an outdated patch. So, it is crucial for us always to keep our game up-to-date to run it smoothly.
Developers, the Rockstart Games, always keep improving their games by regularly fixing the issues that plague the game through regular updates. So, we recommend you to check for the latest patch updates of GTA V via Steam or directly from the GTA’s official website on your PC (if you have one).
Also, never forget to install if any update is available in order to enjoy a smooth gaming experience. This will help you to fix some issues like the GTA 5 freezing, crashing, stuttering, and FPS drop. However, there is an in-built feature in Xbox consoles to download and install the latest updates automatically. But, sometimes, due to some technical error, it might fail to do this. So, in that case, you need to do it manually.
You can simply do it by following the steps mentioned below, or you can also visit the official website and there in the search section, check the latest version available on the internet and check out if your game is also running on the same patch version or not.
- First of all, you require to press and hold the Xbox button and from the guide, click on the My games & apps followed by See all.
- Inside the list of your installed games, click on the Filter followed by Xbox One X Enhanced and hit the Done button. Games that show in that list have been updated.
- But, for this, you need to set your Xbox to update apps and games automatically. Follow the path to set your Xbox One apps for automatic update: Profile & system < Settings < System < Updates. That’s it. Now, whenever there is any latest update available, it will download it automatically.
- On the other hand, The quicker way to update the GTA V is to make sure you’re online, and your console is connected to a stable internet connection, then launch the GTA V, and now if there is any update available, it will show you on the screen before launching the game.
Method 2: Avoid CPU Overheating
Game crashing issue is also generally seen if our System’s CPU gets overheated. Overheating can affect your computer’s hardware, due to which it can’t be able to work correctly. This will affect us, especially while we are gaming on our Xbox One console for a long time. So, we have always to ensure that our System does not get overheated. However, you’ve noticed that your CPU starts heating up, then there are various methods you can perform to coll down your System. For example, you can try to clean out your console ventilation holes to make sure that it gets proper ventilation to exclude the heat generated by the System.
Meanwhile, the best option is to close every application running in the background and shut down your Xbox One completely. Then, wait for at least half an hour and let the System get cool and the process usually. After that, reboot it and launch the game to check if the crashing issue gets resolved or not. Later, if it is still happening, you follow the next potential step to fix this out.
Method 3: Update System OS
Most of the time, an outdated or faulty OS can cause GTA 5 crashing in your Xbox, so you can update your Xbox One’s OS to fix the crashing issue.
- The initial step is to press and hold the Xbox button from your controller, and from the guide menu, click on the Profile & System followed by Settings.
- Now, select the System and then click on the Console info.
- After that, you will see that your OS version and Shell version in the second column.
- That’s it. Now, match your OS version with the latest available on the internet.
If you find that your Xbox One is running on a lower version of OS, update it with the latest one. After that, launch the game and check if the crashing issue gets resolved or not.
Method 4: Set graphics settings to Normal
Sometimes due to an improper graphics settings in GTA 5 can cause the game to crash. However, in most cases, after altering the in-game graphics, they can play the game without any crashing issues. So, if somehow you are able to enter into the lobby, then try these settings and check if it is further crashing or not.
- Launch the GTA 5 and head towards the Settings menu.
- Then, click on the Graphics and scroll down.
- After that, simply try to set these settings to normal:
- Texture Quality
- Shader Quality
- Shadow Quality
- Reflection Quality
- Grass Quality
- That’s it. Now, you have to save the changed settings and restart your GTA 5 again and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 5: Turn on VSync
It is seen that turning On the Vertical Sync helps many users to get rid of several errors. It allows you to synchronize the FPS with the monitor refresh rate for much more excellent stability. However, to do so, you just need to follow the steps mentioned below:
To do so:
- Launch the GTA 5 and head towards the Settings menu.
- Then, click on the Graphics, scroll down, and find out the VSync option and turn it ON.
- Whereas if it is already turned ON, then we recommend you to try turning it OFF. After that, simply restart your game on Xbox One and again turn VSync on.
- Then, you must have to restart your device and launch the game to check if the issue gets resolved or not.
GTA V is absolutely a Masterpiece even in 2021; you can’t go wrong with this beauty, a vast open-world experience more detailed than any other open-worlds from the newer age. Even though sometimes developers are failing to stabilize a healthy gaming experience for their users. It is now almost regularly seen that users are complaining about various bugs and errors. Yeah! It is obvious that developers are busy as they are working on the upcoming GTA VI project.
But, that doesn’t mean that they forget about their older popular gamers. Although this game has many flaws, they are all curable, just like the crashing issue. You can use any of the above methods in order to fix the crashing error on Xbox One. Anyway, we are now assuming that you are able to resolve the issue after reading this troubleshooting guide. That’s it for today, guys. For further queries, you can use our comment box to let us know. Furthermore, visit our website, there’s a lot more than you can read.