Zombie Army 4: Dead War is the new addition in the series, and publisher Rebellion Developments continues with the Zombie Army Trilogy history. This helps to bring the game’s legacy to a new level, and it is very disheartening when we are unable to play our favorite games. However, the latest third-person shooter game, “Zombie Army 4 Dead War,” going through with numerous criticism after the latest patch update. Recently, many players also have reported concerning the crashing issue of the Zombie Army 4: Dead war on PC.
If you are suffering from the same. Then, you are in the right place. Here, we will help you fix Zombie Army 4: Dead War crashing on PC issue. No matter what is the reason behind this error, we have a fix. So why we are waste more time. Let’s directly jump into the guide and see how to fix the Zombie Army 4: Dead War crashing on PC issue.
Fix: Zombie Army 4: Dead War crashing on PC
Try all the latest fixes that we mentioned way down the list until you find the correct one is working for you. However, before moving towards the fixes, it is more important to go through the system requirements needed to run the game on your PC smoothly.
Minimum System Requirement:
- CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz (or similar)
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1030 2GB
- Video RAM: 2048 MB
Recommended System Requirement
- CPU: Intel Core i3-7100 3.9GHz (or similar)
- RAM: 8GB +
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1050 2GB
- Video RAM: 2048 MB
Method 1: Update Your Graphics Driver
Most of the time, due to an outdated graphics card driver, your system is unable to run the game properly. In such cases updating the Graphics card driver is the best option. However, manufacturers such as Nvidia, Intel, and AMD keep updating their graphics drivers regularly. By doing this, they can enhance performance as well as fix the bugs. At the same time, updating your graphics driver will unlock the full ability of your graphics card. Practically, there are mainly two ways to update your graphics card driver.
- First of all, you need to open the Start menu. Then, tap on the Settings option (look like a gear icon)
- Now, in the window, choose the Windows Update & Security option. Then, you can check for updates here. If any GPU drivers are found, they will automatically download and install on your PC.
You can automatically update your graphic card driver just by using any third-party application. You can easily find a program online that can automatically update your all outdated drivers.
Method 2: Install the Latest Game Patch
Generally, the developers release game patches regularly to fix several bugs and enhance the overall gaming performance. However, it might be possible that previous updates have some bugs that require a new patch update to fix them. So, check if there is an update available. Most of the time, if any patch update is available, it will automatically detected, downloaded, and installed by Epic Games Launched or Steam whenever you launch the game. If there is no new game patch available, then you should follow the next step.
Method 3: Verify The Game Files
- The first and foremost step is to run the Steam application and hover over towards the Library tab.
- Navigate through the Library and find out Zombie, Army 4: Dead War and right-click on it.
- After that, you need to choose Properties from the drop-down menu. Then, in the next window, click on Local Files.
- Now, you can select the Verify integrity of the game file option.
- Then, simply follow the on-screen instruction and wait for the process to be completed.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Firstly, you need to open the Epic game launcher and click on the Library.
- Then, click on the cog icon located at the lower-right corner of the Zombie Army 4 Dead War window.
- Finally, tap on the Verify button to initiate the verification of game files.
- This takes a few minutes to verify the game file. Launch the game once the verification is finished.
Method 4: Lower In-Game Graphics Settings
As we mentioned earlier if your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements to run this game, try to lower down the graphics quality from the game settings. This will decrease the workload from your PC; as a result, the game starts crashing on your PC. So, it would be best if you reduce the graphics quality so that you can play the game without having any trouble. Don’t forget to restart the game once you’ve lowering down the graphics settings. If this method doesn’t work in your case, you should follow the next method to fix the Zombie Army 4: Dead War crashing on the PC issue.
Method 5: Add the Game as an Exception to Your 3rd Party Antivirus Software
Generally, the third-party Antivirus identifies the game as a threat because it consumes a lot of CPU, Memory, and GPU and automatically blocks the particular application. As a result, your game may not run as expected. So, to get rid of this, you can try adding the game and steam in an exception list of your Antivirus app. However, if necessary, you can also try to run the game after disabling the Antivirus. Well, let’s see how you can add the Zombie Army 4: Dead War as an exception list.
- First of all, you need to head towards the Start button and tap on the Settings icon. Then, the next step is to click on Update & Security, followed by Windows Security.
- After that, simply tap on the Virus & threat protection and select the option Manage Settings.
- Now, under the Exclusions tab, you need to choose the Add or remove exclusions.
- Finally, look for Add an exclusion option, and click on it, and select the Folder option from the appeared drop-down list.
- Now, you need to find and choose the folder of Zombie Army 4: Dead War. Then, simply tap on the Select Folder to add the game as Windows Defender Exclusion.
Method 6: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
However, reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime on your PC or laptop isn’t a challenging task to do. You just need to follow this method carefully.
- Go to the Apps & Features found under the Windows Settings.
- Then, from the opened list of applications, locate the Microsoft Visual C++ programs.
- After that, simply Uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ programs one by one.
- Then, you need to open the browser as per your liking and go to Microsoft’s official website. From there, download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ runtime version.
- Finally, reboot your PC to check if Zombie Army 4: Dead War crashing issue is fixed.
Method 7: Reinstall the Game on Steam or Epic Game Launcher
In case any of methods work for you in fixing the crashing issue on Zombie Army 4: Dead War. Then, re-installation is the last option for you.
- First of all, open the steam or epic game launcher and head towards the Library section.
- Then, locate the Zombie Army 4: Dead War game and obliterate it.
- After that, reinstall the game again directly from the Steam or Epic game launcher.
- Now, restart your PC once and then run the game to check if the crashing issue is fixed.
Are you now able to play the Zombie Army 4: Dead War game? However, we are assuming that you guys now know how to cope with this crashing error successfully. That’s all we have for you on how to fix Zombie Army 4: Dead War crashing on PC. We hope you find this guide helpful.