Call of Duty: Warzone undoubtedly did a lot of work and dedication that results or that made it possible that we have the Warzone today. But, I think there are a few things they could improve in Warzone, perhaps adding bugs and glitches with every update. However, Activision was really pushed hard at first in order to provide the best. But, now it just became fun and slowly and steadily losing their user base. Recently, many users reported that they are facing a sound glitch while playing the game.
Although sound quality is pretty good, it is generally seen that many uses regularly reports that while playing the game, suddenly voice chat stops working. So, are you also getting no voice error in Warzone? Don’t worry! Here I will show you step by step process on how to fix the microphone or voice chat in COD: Warzone not working issue. So, whether you have no sound, no mic or can’t hear people in-game. This article will 100% fix your no audio or no mic problem. Let’s see how.
How to Fix Voice Chat Not Working in Warzone
If you are looking for a solution to this, you are probably in the right place. You can rely on the steps we mentioned below to get rid of this issue. So, let’s see those troubleshooting steps.
Fix 1: Restart Your Device
This fix is looking quite old, but it has the potential to fix many technical issues. I saw a lot of comment that in this new generation, why would we recommend restarting the device to fix any issue. Most of them don’t know that removing the random glitches or cache data restarting plays a vital role. So, that’s why we always recommend restarting your device before doing anything.
So, you restarted now, still having the issue. Then, follow the next potential solution to fix this error.
Fix 1: Check the Connection of Your Device
So let’s start with the most common fix. Sometimes the voice chat isn’t working might occur just because you have a poor wired connection. So, we suggest you first check your connection. You should also check if your ethernet cable is damaged or working properly. Also, you can check if your headphone is correctly connected in the audio jack. To ensure you can simply plugged out and replug and see if it work.
Additionally, you can double cross-check if it’s turned on. If there’s nothing wrong with your wired connection, you can directly move towards the next potential step.
Fix 2: Make Sure Your Recording Device is Set Up Properly
Most of the time, when the voice is not working in Warzone, then you have to ensure that it’s set up correctly on your PC. However, to ensure that everything is well, we recommend you set your mic as the default recording device on your PC.
Set up your mic on Windows:
- First of all, navigate to the lower-left corner of the screen, then right-click the Sound icon.
- Now, you just need to select the Open Sound settings option.
- After that, check if you have set your device under the Input section as per your desired one.
- Then, select the Device properties and test the microphone.
- After that, you need to uncheck the box located next to Disable.
- Now, drag the Volume to 100.
- Hit the Start test button.
- Then, simply tap or speak to the microphone.
- Once done, click on the Stop test.
- However, keep in mind that if The highest value we saw was xx (xx > 0) per cent message is prompted, then it indicates that your microphone is ok.
Set up your mic in the Battle.net client:
- Initially, launch the Battle.net client.
- Now, click on the BLIZZARD located on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select Settings.
- After that, select Voice Chat from the left pane.
- Finally, set OUTPUT DEVICE and INPUT DEVICE to System Default Device.
- Hit the Done button.
Fix 3: Update Your Audio Driver
Like other drivers, audio drivers are also playing a vital role. So, if you are also facing the voice chat not working issue on Warzone, this means that your PC is running on a faulty or outdated audio driver.
Wait a minute! When was the last time you have updated your audio driver? If it was an age ago, then go and update it first. However, there are basically two method using which you can update your audio driver. The first one is the manual method, and the second one is the automatic method.
Meanwhile, we do not recommend using the automatic method as you need to permit to make changes on your PC to a third-party tool. So, yeah! You can rely on the other way, which is the manual method. You can easily do it by visiting the official website of your audio card manufacturer and, from there, search for your related driver. If you feel that this is so complicated, you can do it from the device manager. So, what are you waiting for now? Go and update your audio driver, then check if it helps to fix the issue.
Fix 4: Install all Windows Updates
It is possible that you have already updated your Windows, but you can check once because sometimes, to fix the bugs and glitches, Microsoft rolls out updates to fix them. So, go and check for an update. Meanwhile, if you don’t know how to do this, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, to open the Windows settings, you need to press the Win+I key using your keyboard.
- Then, click on Update & Security, followed by Check for updates.
- Now, you just have to wait because it will automatically download and install if there is any update available.
- So, wait until the process gets complete.
- Now, when you have installed all the system updates successfully on your PC, we recommend you reboot your system and check if it helps, and now you can talk to your friend in Warzone. If no luck favour, then follow the last and most effective fix.
Fix 5: Change In-Game Settings
If your mic doesn’t work, especially in Warzone, then there may be something faulty within your in-game settings. So, you need to tweak some of your in-game settings. you can follow the same as we mentioned below:
- First of all, open the Warzone and head towards the Options menu.
- Now, simply shift to the tab to AUDIO.
- Then, under the Voice Chat, you need to set the Voice Chat to Enabled.
- Also, set voice Chat Recording Mode to Open Mic.
- And set open Mic Recording Threshold to 0.00. Whereas the Voice Chat Volume and Microphone Volume to at least over 100.00 or a moderate value.
- Then, switch to the ACCOUNT tab and under the Online option, you need to set Crossplay to Enabled mode.
- Also, if you notice an option mentioned as Crossplay Communication, make sure to Enabled it.
- Now, simply restart Warzone as well as the device. Then, launch the game and check if you can chat now.
Did you try all the method that we describe in this article? I’m sure if you have followed each step, you should now get rid of this error and now fix the error. But, in the worst case, if you are still facing the error, this indicates that your devices mic or the headphone jack is damaged. So, if this is the case, then you need to repair this.
That’s it for this guide. I hope you enjoyed this guide and gain some knowledge. Now, if you have any suggestion or queries regarding the error mentioned above, feel free to contact us in the comment section. Also, if you are new here, don’t forget to visit our website as there is a lot to explore.