It is a docking station with electrical connectors that helps to charge the Nintendo Switch. It helps you to connect Switch to your television using an HDMI cable. When you connect your Nintendo Switch to the docking station, you can enjoy the games at a high frame rate of 60 fps with 1080p resolution. This eighth-generation gaming console with the latest hybrid features, gives a very tough competition to other highly-ranked gaming consoles like Xbox, Microsoft, PlayStation, etc. However, recently users have reported an issue with their Nintendo Switch Dock in which it stops working.
Are and also suffering from your Dock and wondering how to fix this? Hopefully, now you do not need to worry about your docking station. Today, we will show you how to solve this problem; just be with us and read the article till the end.
Fix The Nintendo Switch Dock Not Working
Before we dive deeply into the methods to fix the issue, it is more important to know why this problem occurs. This helps you identify the real culprit for this error to find a way for yourself to fix this problem quickly. So, let’s see them.
Causes of Nintendo Switch Dock Not Working
After analyzing and detailed inspection, we have found various reasons why this issue is created. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Cable not providing enough power
- HDMI issues
- Power outlet
- Bad configurations
- Switch Dock in Error state
- Cables in the wrong order
- Faulty Dock
Method 1: Check Power Cable
As we know, electronic devices are entirely dependent on the power supply to work properly. Therefore, it would be best if you check that your power cable is working correctly or not. It is the main thing that creates this issue. A damaged power cable always makes problems that we can’t identify easily, whereas most of the time, we ignored or assumed that it is working correctly. You may try different power supplying sources, and if it is not working, you’re surely facing issues with your power cable. Its means that now you need a new power cable to fix the issue.
Method 2: Try to Check If There Is Any Problem With Your Switch Dock
Sometimes the issue is with your whole switch dock itself. In this case, you can apply a remedy to connect your device to another dock if you have or contact the one who owns a Switch device. If even after connecting to any other dock, your device still showing a problem, then there is an issue with your settings. But, in case if it works finely, then most probably your Switch dock is damaged. Don’t worry! You can quickly repair your switch dock, visit the nearby console, repair shops, or buy a new one.
Method 3: Reset the Entire Setup
Reset the entire setup always works with your switch dock and helps you to fix the issue. However, we recommend you create a backup for your data before resetting your whole setup because sometimes this may affect your data. You just have to reset the temporary configuration by initializing the peripherals. This may take a couple of minutes, but after that, it will surely make your device work like new.
Method 4: Power Cycling Entire Setup
As always, in every situation, this method works. You may also give it a try to fix the issue. Follow the steps in case you don’t know how to power cycle your Nintendo Switch Dock.
- First of all, you need to detach the HDMI cable from the Docking station along with the power cable.
- After that, look for the power button, press, and hold the Power button for a few seconds.
- Then, wait for 30-40 seconds before plugin the cables. At the same time, power cycling your Nintendo Switch and televisions as well.
- Now, simply plug in everything and on the power switch. That’s it. Now, you can try connecting your Nintendo Switch to Dock and test if it is working.
Method 5: Inserting Cables in Correct Order
Sometimes if the cables are not connected in proper order, then this type of issue occurs. So, to ensure that you connect all your cables in exact order, do follow the steps given below: –
- The first and foremost step is to detach all the cable from Nintendo Switch Dock, such as Power, HDMI, and Switch peripheral.
- After that, the next step is to plug in the power cable only into your Nintendo Switch Dock. Then, see if the power is coming to the Dock just by looking at the power LED light.
- Now, plug in the HDMI cable to dock and the television. Then, select the HDMI input from using the TV remote.
- Finally, try to insert Nintendo Switch into the Dock to check if the issue is resolved. If everything is fine and you’ll able to see the green light, then it is alright, and the problem is gone. But, if you are still facing the same problem, follow the further mentioned methods below.
Method 6: Checking your HDMI Cable
Unfortunately, when you buy a Nintendo Switch dock, you have to purchase the necessary accessories separately, such as HDMI cable, because these are not provided to you at the time of purchasing. So, most of the time, it is seen that due to damaged or unsupported HDMI cable, our Dock is unable to work correctly. It may also happen when your HDMI cable isn’t correctly inserted into the Dock. However, if needed, then go for the new one and then check if the Dock start is working.
Method 7: Service Center
If none of the methods work in your case, then you may try to go to the nearest service center to repair your Nintendo Switch Dock. You may also fix it in local repairing shops, but we do not recommend that. Moreover, if your device is under warranty period, then contact to support team to claim your warranty.
Yeah! I know it is very disheartening when one of your precious devices gets damaged or does not work. We will assure you that you will surely get your problem sort-out by following these methods as mentioned above. If you still haven’t able to fix the Nintendo Switch Dock not working issue. Then, without any hesitation, please do comment and let us know. We will surely get in touch with you as soon as we get a solution for you. However, for more troubleshooting guides, do check our website regularly. That’s all we have for you on how to fix Nintendo Switch Dock not working. We hope this guide helped you.