Will you ever imagine what if you are in the middle of a match and suddenly your League of Legends: Wild Rift crash on your Windows 10 PC? This can be usually cost you the win and frustrating gaming experience.
Yes, you guys are guessed right. Today, we have a guide with us in which we will reveal all the possible ways in order to fix the League of Legends: Wild Rift crashing issue on Windows PC. However, the reason for this error is still a mystery.
If we talk about this error, the crashing issue is plaguing the gaming experience. It is very disheartening to see a game like League of Legends: Wild Rift being criticized everywhere due to such kinds of errors. Although, developers of League of Legends: Wild Rift claimed to improve the crashing issue slightly with the patch update. But currently, nothing seems to be changed. League of Legends: Wild Rift crashing error becomes a pain day by day for most of the die-hard fans of this game. Well, I will not take more time and directly jump into the main highlights of today’s topic.
Fix: League of Legends: Wild Rift Crashing on my Windows PC
Before heading towards the main fixing guide, you should make sure to check these prerequisites first. This will help you to understand the minimum requirements needed to run this game smoothly on your Windows PC.
Minimum System Requirements:
- CPU: 3GHz
- RAM: 2GB
- HDD: Atleast 12GB Free Space
- OS: Windows 7 or higher
- Screen Resolution: up to 1920×1200
- DirectX: Version 9C or newer
Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU: 3GHz Processor
- RAM: 4GB
- HDD: Atleast 16GB Free Space
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8800 or similar.
- VRAM: 512MB or higher
- OS: Windows 10
Fix 1: Restart Your Windows PC
Rebooting your Windows PC isn’t really a challenging task to do. However, there are two methods in order to restart your PC normal reboot and hard reboot. So, what are we waiting for? Let’s see how to do it.
- First of all, you have to make sure to save any files that may be open on your Windows PC and close it.
- Now, simply click on the Windows Start button icon located in the lower left.
- Then, you will see a power button icon. Click on it now; you’ll notice a pop-up will appear with three options Sleep, Shut down, and Restart.
- Click on the Restart button. This will restart your PC.
- Firstly, press the power button for approximately 5 seconds. This will completely shut down your PC.
- Now, you need to wait for atleast 30 seconds before pressing the power button again.
- After that, simply push the power button and wait until your Windows PC restarts again.
Fix 2: Run The Latest Drivers And Game Updates
The most important thing is to significantly use the latest optimization resources to improve your gaming experience to run the game. We recommend you update your drivers, especially the graphics card drivers, manually. So, let’s see the steps to update your graphics card driver on your Windows PC successfully: –
- To update your graphics card, firstly, you need to open the Settings tray.
- After that, simply you can click on the Update & Security option and click on the Windows Update.
- Now, you have to select and click on the Check for updates button (if applicable).
- Then, to see all the available updates, simply click on the View optional updates option.
- Now, shift to the Driver updates tab and select the driver you wish to update. Then, simply tap on the Download and Install button.
Fix 3: Update The DirectX Version
Updating DirectX is really important for us because it allows software and games to work directly with your audio and video hardware. Nevertheless, most of the users don’t know how to update DirectX on your Windows PC. Here, we will guide you.
- To initiate the updating process of DirectX, then you need to type dxdiag in the Search box located inside the Start menu. Then, hit the enter key.
- After that, select and click on the dxdiag from the search results.
- Finally, you just need to check DirectX Version on the first page of the report located inside the System Information tab.
- If you have an older version, then updates for this will be automatically available through OS Update. So, you need to update your OS to update your DirectX version with the latest one.
Fix 4: Install the Windows Updates
Most of the time, updating windows brings many reliability improvements and quality, making your system more stable. As we mentioned, updating your Windows not only install the latest version of Windows 10 but also if there are any DirectX updates available, it will automatically install on your PC. So, if you don’t know how to update your OS, then follow the steps given below: –
- To run this game without any issue, you need to update your OS. So, first of all, click Start (or press and hold the Windows button using your keyboard) and then select the “Settings option.”
- Now, in the next window, you need to click the “Update & Security tab.
- After that, simply click on the “Check for updates” option to check if an OS update is available for your PC.
- If there is any update available, it should appear under the “Check for updates.” To update it, you need to click “Download and install.”
Fix 5: Install DotNet Framework 3.5
To install the Microsoft .NET Framework on your PC, you need to visit the Microsoft website and from there download it. Once you’ve downloaded and installed it on your PC, you need to enable it through the windows control panel. So, let’s see how to enable the DotNet Framework 3.5 on your PC: –
- First of all, go to the Control panel and search for “Programs” in the panel’s search field.
- After that, select the option “Turn Windows features on or off.” Now, you need to wait for a while because Windows may take some time to process this dialogue box.
- Now, choose the .NET Framework 3.5, which includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0, and checkmark the box located next to this.
- Then, click on the OK button in order to expand the + sign but don’t forget to checkmark all the boxes.
- Finally, you need to follow the on-screen installation instruction and then simply restart your PC.
Fix 6: Repair Corrupt Game Files
League of Legends: Wild Rift comes with a built-in repair tool specially designed to repair or fix corrupted game files. This will help you to get your game files back in shape. This built-in tool will automatically repair if all the corrupted game files (if applicable).
To repair the corrupted or infected game file, follow the guidelines as mentioned below: –
- To repair the League of Legend: Wild Rift game file, you need to open the launcher first.
- After that, simply find and open the “Settings” or “Options” that look similar to a “gear.”
- Now, you need to select the “Repair” option and then wait until the repairing process is completed.
That’s it. Once the corrupted file’s repairing process is done, you’ll notice that all inherent errors would be fixed.
Fix 7: Perform a Clean Startup
- First of all, you need to open your computer as an administrator.
- Now, the next step is to type MSConfig in the Cortana search box. Then, click on the System Configuration.
- After that, in the next window, switch to the Services tab. Then, select the Hide all Microsoft services option and click on Disable all button.
- Now, again shift to the Startup tab and choose Open Task Manager.
- Then, inside the Startup tab in the Task Manager window, click on Disable by selecting each program one by one.
- Now, close the Task Manager and on from the Startup tab in System Configuration, hit the OK button.
Fix 8: Reset Your Graphics Card Software
#1 Reset the NVIDIA Control Panel
- To reset the NVIDIA Control Panel, you need to right-click on the free space on the desktop and, from the drop-down menu, select the NVIDIA control panel.
- After that, click on the Manage 3D Settings in the next window and select the Restore Default. This will reset your NVIDIA graphics settings.
#2 Reset the AMD Catalyst Control
- To reset the AMD Catalyst Control Panel, you need to right-click on the free space on the desktop and, from the drop-down menu, select the Catalyst Control Center/ VISION center.
- Now, head over towards the Preferences option and tap on the Restore Factory Defaults. This will reset the AMD Catalyst Control Panel settings.
Fix 9: Change The LoL’s Settings
You can change the League of Legends: Wild Rift settings to find the best balance between performance and quality. Use the configuration list that we have tried to fix this crashing issue: –
- Shadows: No Shadow
- Effects Quality: Very Low
- Environment Quality: Very Low
- Settings: Custom
- Resolution: Match Desktop Resolution
- Character Quality: Very Low
- Frame Rate Cap: 60FPS
- Wait For Vertical Sync: Unchecked
- Anti-Aliasing: Unchecked
Fix 10: Repair The Installation
- First of all, you need to run the League of Legend: Wild Rift as an administrator.
- Once you successfully open the game with admin rights, click on the Cogwheel located at the upper right corner of the home window of the game. Then, find and select the Repair option.
- This will take a few minutes to complete the repairing process. But don’t forget to restart the PC to apply the changes.
Fix 11: Disable All Running League of Legends Processes
- To disable all the running processes, you need to press and hold the Ctrl + Shift + Esc. This will open the task manager.
- Now, navigate through the task manager and find out the LoLLauncher.exe and LoLClient.exe processes and simply click on End task to close or disable the programs.
- Don’t forget to restart your PC once you have disabled all the programs running on background related to League of Legends.
Fix 12: Open the Game Directly From the Installation Directory
If League of Legends: Wild Rift doesn’t open on your PC, then you may try to open the game directly from the installation directly. To do so, follow the steps given below: –
- First of all, you need to head towards the C:\Riot Games\League of Legends.
- Now, once you reach the above destination, double-click on LeagueClient.exe.
- That’s it. If the crashing issue with the game on your PC is solved, then you can create a shortcut of LeagueClient.exe.
Fix 13: Contact to Support Team of Riot Games
If any of the above methods won’t work in your case, it’s time to contact the support team of Riot Games. You can simply do this by visiting the Riot game official website. The riot support team will contact you with every possible fix to fix the crashing issue of the game.
There might be various reasons why this issue occurs while playing your favorite game. Recently, players encountering crashing issues while playing the League of Legends: Wild Rift on Windows 10. But, after they try the fixes mentioned above helped to fix this issue. So, why are you not trying the above fixes?
If you find any other method to fix this issue, let us know in the comment section. That’s all we have for you on how to fix League of Legends: Wild Rift crashing on my Windows PC. We hope you find this guide helpful.