We all love to play games, especially when we have a game like Cyberpunk is on our list. Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most loved open-world, action-adventure story games. Nevertheless, Cyberpunk 2077 made its users fall in love with its incredible graphics and smooth gameplay. Lately, Cyberpunk 2077 fans are shocked when they encounter some errors in which Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined Windows 10.
However, many people came forward and complained about the flatlined error they face in the recent update of Cyberpunk 2077 in various gaming forms. So. let’s start with the journey how to fix “Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined in Windows 10”.
Fix: Cyberpunk 2077 has Flatlined in Windows 10
Before we jump into the solution, we must know the exact reason behind the flatline error in the game. Mostly, it’s the bug; if not the bug, then the trouble is in your hardware, i.e., AVX instruction set, which your CPU might not support. All it means is “Replace your old CPU with a new one !” And if you are still facing it, upgrading your processor will be the right direction for you. So, let’s look over the minimum system requirements to run Cyberpunk 2077 smoothly.
Minimum System Requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K (or AMD FX-8310)
- Graphic Card: Nvidia GTX 780 (or Radeon RX 470)
- RAM: 8GB
- VRAM: 3GB
Recommended System Requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 (or AMD Ryzen 5 3600)
- Graphics Card: Nvidia RTX 2080S/ RTX 3070 (or Radeon RX 6800 XT)
- RAM: 16GB
- VRAM: 8GB
#1 Fix: Restart your PC
Restarting your PC is always be the best solution to fix most of the system errors. Or we can say it is the simplest way to fix the error instantly. I know it is not sound like a legitimate solution. But, what’s the harm of giving it a try, right? Try the easiest and smartest way to tackle the bug causes Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined Windows 10.
- First of all, press and hold the Ctrl + Alt + delete key from your keyboard simultaneously.
- Then, in the next window, you have to click on the power icon located in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Now, select the restart option from the drop-down list in order to reboot your PC.
#2 Fix: Disable background programs
Background applications are constantly interfering in our gameplay as it works as a barrier whenever we try to play our favorite games or surfing internet. So, what are we waiting for and not disabling the background processes? Let’s see how to do it to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined in Windows 10.
- Initially, you have to go to the task manager and try to disable all the RGB programs like Adobe, Quark, or even other heavy games as well.
- That’s it. Now, your processor will focus on only the current program that you are trying to open. By doing this will help you to tackle the “Cyberpunk has Flatlined in Windows 10” issue.
#3 Fix: Update the GPU Driver
GPU drivers work to boost your processor performance to provide you the best gaming experience. However, an outdated GPU driver may cause the issues such as the game not opening, the game has flatlined, and many more, so why not update it? Here are some easy and simple steps to update your GPU driver.
- First of all, look for the GPU driver from the Device Manager of your device.
- Now, open the display adapter then you will see it expanding.
- After that, simply right-click the GPU driver to open the drop-down menu and open the properties option.
- Then, the next step is to shift to the Driver Tab and click on the driver update button.
- That’s it. Now, once the update is complete and install it.
#4: Give Permission on Firewall for Cyberpunk 2077
As we all know, Firewall works as a first-line defense to provide network security, so it might be possible that it will be blocking your game. So make sure you permit it by following the steps given below: –
- Firstly, you need to reach towards the Control panel and click on system security. Then, simply head to the windows firewall option.
- After that, you can simply allow Firewall to run the program by clicking on Allow button.
- Then, go to the Cyberpunk 2077 application and allow the app.
- That’s it. Now, simply click OK and run the game to check if the flatlined issue is solved.
# 5 Fix: Verify Integrity of Game Files
- To start verifying your game file integrity, right-click on the Cyberpunk 2077 located inside the Steam client and then click on the opened drop-down menu’s Properties.
- Now, hover over towards the local files tab and click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files to initiate the verifying process.
- Wait until Steam thoroughly validating your game files. If Steam finds any issue, it will automatically re-acquire the affected files.
- That’s it. Now, when you are done with all these steps, you can simply run the game to see if the issue is solved.
#6 Fix: Open The Game Directly From the File
- In order to open the game directly from the file, you need to head towards the Steam Library and locate Cyberpunk 2077.
- Then, right-click over it and click on the properties option from the drop-down list.
- Now, hover over towards the local files tab and select the browse option to browse local files.
- Finally, find out the game’s .exe file on your drive and double-click on it to run the Cyberpunk 2077 and check if it’s Flatlined in Windows 10 issue is resolved.
#7 Fix: Delete Files In The Cyberpunk 2077 Folder
- To delete files in the Cyberpunk 2077 folder, you need to head towards the C:\Users\”username”\AppData\Local|CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077.
- Therefore, inside that folder, delete all the files and rerun the game to see if the problem persists.
#5: Use Hexadecimal to fix the issue.
We are finally done fixing the flatlined error, but after fixing the flatlined error, if you have an error message that says “EXCEPTIONAL_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)”
- First of all, you need to make sure you have Hexadecimal on your PC or Computer.
- If you have Hexadecimal on your PC, then it’s time to find out the Cyberpunk file and open it using any editor application that you have.
- Now, look for number “554881ECA00000000F2970E8” and change it to C34881ECA00000000F2970E8. Then, initiate the installation process of the file.
#6 Fix: Disable the Steam Overlay
Most people use Steam to play this game and run the game properly; Steam overlay runs automatically. Reports are there that some people able to resolve the issue by disabling the overlay feature, and some couldn’t; that’s why we are here to guide you!
- To disable the Steam Overlay, you need to open the Steam and head towards the Steam window settings.
- After that, simply navigate through it and find out the Enable the steam option under the In-game tab.
- Now, you need to uncheck the boxes located next to enable the steam option and hit the OK button to save the changes made.
- Yes, that’s all you need to do.
#7 Fix: Install Visual C++ Redistributable
It’s a fair choice to install the Visual C++ Redistributable, which makes this game smoother and easy to run on PC. Here are some steps to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- If you want to install the Visual C++ Redistributable on your PC, right-click on the Cyberpunk 2077 located in the steam library and head towards the properties option.
- Now, you need to find out the .exe file extension and launch it by double-clicking.
- In case you are getting an error message that “MSVCP140.dll” or “vcruntime140_1.dll” is missing, you require to have a support program.
- Now, download and install the program, then again relaunch the game directly from its executable file to check if the issue is fixed.
- If the issue is not fixed, then follow the path C: Users\” your username”\AppData\Local|CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 and delete the files present inside the folder and relaunch the game.
- That’s it. Now, your Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined issue in Windows 10 is fixed.
If you find this guide helpful, then let us know by commenting down below. That’s all we have for you on how to fix Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined in Windows 10. We hope this guide helped you.