“Call of Duty: Warzone” is the most prominent name between the battle royale games. This is a popular genre ever created by Activation. It has a massive lobby of 150 real-time players fighting with each other to win the winner crown. But as always, a single error plaguing the whole gaming experience.
Recently, many users are encountering a dev error code 6634, due to which they are facing problems running the game smoothly on their PCs. If you face such a kind of error while playing the COD: Warzone and worry about fixing it. Then, you do not need to suffer more. Yes, you hear it right. Today, we have some sort of good news for you guys. After many investigations, we find some workaround to fix this error code 6634. Sounds interesting? Then, why are we wasting time here? Let’s see the steps to correct the dev error 6634.
Fix: Call of Duty: Warzone | Dev error 6634
The game is entirely based on the dense and rambling world of Verdansk. You have to battle with the other players or squads, and at the end, the last squad standing will be called the winner. This game is similar to other battle royale games such as PUBG but with a bit of quirk. The unique and distinctive mechanics keep each match interesting so that you can experience a new adventurous battle every time you drop in. Well, now, without moving the thing around, let’s directly jump into the fixes.
Fix 1: Try to Scan and Repair Your COD Game Files
The dev error intimates an integrity issue with your COD game files. Therefore, rather than reinstalling the entire game, you can start by doing a scan and repair. If you don’t know whereby to scan your COD game files, simply follow these instructions：
- First of all, launch your Battle.net client and then click on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the left pane menu.
- Then, click on Scan and Repair, followed by Begin Scan.
- After that, open the game and start playing the game as you usually did.
Fix 2: Update your graphics driver.
In order to update your graphics card driver, you have three options to do so. So, let’s see them.
Using the Manufacturer’s Website
- First of all, you need to know your system’s video card manufacturer name.
- Then, visit the manufacturer’s website and go to the downloads or drivers page.
- After that, choose your video card version and then search for an update.
- If there is any update available, download them and install them on your PC
Using Device Manager
- Go to Start and head towards the Cortana search bar. Then, search and open Device Manager.
- Now, you have to expand the “Display adapters” heading and when you see your video card’s name, right-click on it.
- After that, tap on the Update Driver Software, and in the next window, click on Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the on-screen prompts.
Using Your Video Card Software
- First of all, you need to know your system’s video card manufacturer name.
- After that, launch the video card program and go to the driver or update tab.
- Now, search for an available graphics card driver update.
- Then, download and install if you find any graphics card driver update.
Fix 3: Install all Windows updates.
Installing all the pending Windows updates might help you to fix the dev error code 6634. However, you need first to check if there is any pending update available for you.
- Use your keyboard, hold, and press the Win + I button to open Settings.
- Then, hover over to Update & Security and click on the Windows Update.
- Finally, you will see an option Check for updates; click on it.
- Then, your PC needs to be restart. So, do that and check if dev error code 6634 has disappeared.
Fix 4: Reinstall all shaders.
Shaders are generally used for rendering different pixels, which give you a smooth viewing experience. Many players reported that the dev error 6634 is fixed in their case. So, you can also try the same.
- First of all, to reinstall the shaders, you need to run the Modern Warfare on your PC and click on Options.
- Now, head towards the GRAPHICS tab and select the Restart Shaders Installation option.
- Then, it will start the process. After that, restart the COD: Warzone and see if it helps.
Fix 5: Change your loadouts, skins, and operators.
The dev error 6634 might occur due to the inside glitches of the game. Some players reported that, after they change their loadout, this error is stopped appearing. So, you have to change the loadout or operators if you’re using them from Black Ops Cold War and check the result. If the issue is not fixed, you can remove all your skins and check again.
Fix 6: Change to another account
The dev error 6634 issue might be limited to some accounts as per the report. So if it is possible, you may change to another account on the same PC and check if it helps or not. However, to change the Activision account, you need to follow the steps given below: –
- First of all, is visit the Call of Duty official website and find out Login | Sign Up and click on it. Then, follow the on-screen instruction to create a new Activision account.
- After that, open the game and press the Options button located on the home screen.
- Now, head towards the ACCOUNT tab and click on Activision Account.
- Then, simply fill in the account details that you have created recently.
Fix 7: Set Priority of Modern Warfare/Warzone
- To initiate the process, you first need to hold and press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys using your keyboard simultaneously. Now, the task manager window will open.
- Then, switch to the Details tab, and from there, find out the COD Modern Warfare.
- When you find it, simply right-click it and select the Set Priority from the open drop-down menu.
- Now, please set it to High and save changes the changes you have made.
- Once you have done this, close the task manager window, launch the COD: Warzone game, and check if the error code has disappeared.
Fix 8: Lower the in-game Textures Quality
- Open the in-game Settings menu and go to the Details & Textures tab.
- Then, from there, change the following settings:
- Particle Quality to Low.
- Texture resolution to Low.
- Texture Filter Anisotropic to Normal.
- Disable – Tessellation.
- On-demand Texture Streaming to Disabled.
- Streaming Quality to Low.
Fix 9: Change Video Memory Scale
- Close the game and head towards the File Explorer, and then follow the path Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players.
- Now, inside the COD folder, look for the adv_options.ini file.
- Once you get it, copy and edit it in Notepad.
- Now, you need to locate the VideoMemoryScale and once you get it, set its value to 0.5.
- Finally, save the changes you made and try running the game and see if the issue is disappeared.
Fix 10: Turn Off V-Sync and G-Sync
- First of all, you need to head towards the Nvidia Control Panel and open the Manage 3D settings.
- Then, find out and change the Vertical Sync to Adaptive Half Refresh Rate.
- Then, as always, save the changes and rerun the COD: Warzone.
- You can also Disable G-SYNC by following the same procedure.
Fix 11: Run Battle.net as an Administrator
- Locate the Battle.net client and right-click on it. Then, from the drop-down context menu, select Properties.
- Switch to the Compatibility tab and enable the Run this program as an administrator, checkmark the box, and click on Apply. Then, hit the OK button.
- Now, open the Battle.net client and Warzone to check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 12: Reinstall Modern Warfare/Warzone
If none of the methods worked in your case, you could try to reinstall the Modern Warfare as this is the last option available.
- Go to the Battle.net client and click on Game Library.
- Then, from the library, find out Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and click on it.
- After that, tap on the Uninstall Game located under the Options tab.
- Now, wait until the game is entirely removed from your computer and then reboot your PC.
- Finally, from the Battle.net client, download and install the COD Modern Warfare/Warzone again.
- That’s it. Now, open the game and see if the problem persists.
These are some of the methods to fix the dev error 6634. You may try the above fixes to resolve the issue permanently. Although the mentioned fixes are not from an official source, we assured you this fix indeed fix the error code 6634. That’s all we have for you on Call of Duty: Warzone | Dev error 6634 fixes. We hope you find this guide helpful. Further, if you come across any issue while following the methods mentioned above or you know any other way to fix the dev error 6634, let us know in the comment section. Moreover, if you want to read more about such types of troubleshooting guides, visit our website regularly.