A new addition to the action role-playing video game Cyberpunk 2077 developed and published by CD Projekt. One of the most anticipated games of 2020, encountering a lot of criticism since it was launch. However, many players are fuming about having Black Screen issues on their Windows PC. Moreover, if you’re also facing the same, make sure to look out for this troubleshooting guide to fix Black Screen on Cyberpunk 2077.
Unfortunately, like always, developers fail to provide any fix concerning this bug. Obviously, this looks to be quite frustrating when we cannot play our favorite game because of some unnecessary bugs. But, now you do not need to worry! We have some workaround for you to fix Black Screen on Cyberpunk 2077. So, why are we wasting more time? Let’s watch out for the fixes.
Fix: Black Screen on Cyberpunk 2077
Since its release, CD Projekt going through a lot of criticism even the buyers demand a refund as well. Okay! Let’s do not talk about what has passed. In communities like Reddit, Quora, and Pinterest, gamers only talk about the Black Screen error on Cyberpunk2077. However, there may be many reasons for this issue, but the exact one is yet to be found. But who knows? It could be because your PC doesn’t meet the minimum system requirement. So, let’s first look over the minimum system requirement to run Cyberpunk 2077 smoothly on your device.
Minimum System Requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K (or AMD FX-8310)
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 (or Radeon RX 470)
- RAM: 8GB
- Video RAM: 3GB
Recommended System Requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 (or AMD Ryzen 5 3600)
- GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080S/ RTX 3070 (or Radeon RX 6800 XT)
- RAM: 16GB
- Video RAM: 8GB
If your PC meets minimum system requirements and is still encountering the Black Screen issue, carefully follow the fixes given below to permanently fix this issue.
Fix 1: Update Your Graphics Card Driver
Most of the time, just by updating your Graphics card driver, many issues are fixed. So, you may try updating your graphics card driver and if you don’t know how to update your Graphics drive, then follow the instruction given below.
- First of all, hold and press win+r to open the run prompt.
- Then, you need to enter “devmgmt.msc” and hit the enter to open the Device Manager.
- After that, right-click on your graphics card name. Then, select the Properties option from the drop-down menu, and you’ll get all these settings under the Display adapters option.
- Now, most importantly, you need to shift to the “Driver” tab and click on Update Driver.
- Then, you need to simply click on Search automatically for updated driver software and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Meanwhile, you can also opt to update your graphics card driver manually. You just need to visit your graphics card’s official website. However, don’t forget to reboot your PC once you’ve successfully updated your drivers. Then, check if the Black Screen on Cyberpunk 2077 is fixed.
Fix 2: Allow Cyberpunk 2077 on Your Windows Firewall
Generally, Windows Firewall automatically blocks the third-party application and its resources. If your Firewall doesn’t trust the application that you are trying to run. So, to resolve this, you may need to allow Cyberpunk 2077 through your Windows Firewall.
- The first and foremost step is to open Windows Firewall by pressing the Win + S key and type Windows firewall in the search bar and hit the Enter key.
- Now, wait for a while till the Windows Defender Firewall screen appear.
- After that, you need to click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall located on the left pane.
- The next step is to tap on the “Change settings” to add an app to the Firewall.
- Now, just click on the Allow another app button located somewhere at the bottom of the window and click on the Browse option.
- After that, you need to search for the directory that carries your Cyberpunk 2077 files. However, generally, it is found under C:\Program Files\ Steam\ steamapps\ common\ Cyberpunk 2077\ bin\ x64.
- Then, choose the application named Cyberpunk2077 and click on the Open button.
- Now, you just need to click on the “Add” in order to add the Cyberpunk 2077 to allowed apps and features lists.
- Finally, checkmark the box located next to Private and Public to allow you to game through Windows Firewall and click on the okay button to apply the changes made.
That’s it. Now, you can run Cyberpunk 2077 on your PC to see if the issue is resolved but don’t forget to reboot your PC before rerunning the game.
Fix 3: Repair The Cyberpunk 2077 Game Files
It is pretty much necessary to repair your game file that is damaged or corrupted. So, let’s go through the steps to fix the Cyberpunk 2077 game files. Keep in mind that this process is different depending upon which platform you’re using.
For Steam Users:
- First of all, you need to launch the Steam client application directly.
- After that, head towards the Library tab and then locate Cyberpunk 2077 application.
- Now, you just need to right-click over it and choose the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu.
- Then, navigate through it and find out the Local Files tab. Then, click on it.
- Finally, click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files. However, this process takes several minutes to complete.
For Epic Games Users:
- In this, you first need to run the Epic Games Launcher on your PC and head towards the Library.
- After that, locate Cyberpunk 2077 app and tap on the three-dotted icon at the top of the screen.
- At last, you need to click on Verify and wait for a few minutes. Now, when it’s done, run the game to see if the Black Screen issue is fixed.
For GOG Galaxy Users:
- Firstly, locate the GOG Galaxy 2.0 icon on your PC, and to open it, you need to double click on it.
- After that, tap on the Owned games section and find out your game from the owned games list.
- Then, you need to simply click on the Settings icon located next to the Play button and follow the path Manage installation > Verify / Repair.
- That’s it. Now, run the game to see if the Black Screen issue is fixed.
Fix 4: Disable Full-Screen Optimization and High DPI
Although, Windows 10 devices are come with pre-configured full-screen optimization along with high DPI. But, for some, these pre-configured settings come with a black screen error on Cyberpunk 2077. However, to disable full-screen optimization and high DPI, you just need to follow the steps given below.
- The first and foremost step is to open the Cyberpunk 2077 file. In this case, you didn’t find the Cyberpunk 2077 files; then you can follow the same C:\Program Files\Steam\ steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077 \bin\x64 folder.
- After that, find out .exe file and right-click on it. Then, you have to right-click on the “Properties” option from the drop-down list.
- Now, hover over towards the “Compatibility” tab and checkmark the box next to Disable fullscreen optimizations.
- Then, most importantly, you need to select the “Change high DPI settings” option. After that, checkmark the box next to the Override high DPI scaling behavior option.
- Now, simply select the application from the drop-down list and hit on the Apply button. Then, click on the okay button to save the changes made.
Well, these are some methods to fix the Black Screen issue. However, if, in your case, the ways mentioned above won’t work for you. Then, the only option to fix this error is to uninstall and reinstall the game again. That’s all we have for you on how to fix Black Screen on Cyberpunk 2077. We hope you find this guide helpful.