The Apex Legend Code 429 error is generally occurred due to downtime or server maintenance. At the same time, a poor internet connection may also be the reason for this error. The error code 429 isn’t isolated to a single platform and shows upon various consoles such as PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Nintendo Switch. If you are also encountering the same issue and cannot load the game on your device, then you are in the right heaven. Today, we will describe a couple of fixes that will help you to fix the Apex Legend code 429 error. So, let’s get started with our complete guide on how to fix the Apex Legend code 429 error without moving the thing around.
How to Fix Apex Legend Code 429 Error
However, EA officially announced that they are trying to investigate the issue related to this error code. So, till then, we don’t have any option to fix this issue. But, hold on! You may try out the fixes that we mentioned below to fix the issue.
Fix 1: Check EA Help Twitter Account
Electronic Arts are always being loyal to their users and never settle down their expectation. If you want, you can follow them as EA Help Twitter account in Twitter because whenever there is any ongoing maintenance, or the game is suffering from a server outage, they will notify their users. If you find that this issue is from the EA server’s end, then you will have to wait until they fix them before playing the game again. In case you didn’t find any official notice regarding the issue on Twitter, then follow the next fixes mentioned below to fix the Apex Legend Code 429 error.
Fix 2: Restart Your System
To Restart your PC, you can follow the path Start<Power button< Restart. You can also opt for a cmd prompt to reboot your PC. Well, if you don’t know how then carefully follow the guidelines mentioned below.
- First of all, you need to open the Cmd and then type shutdown. Now, if you want to shut down your Windows 10 PC completely, then type shutdown /s. To restart the PC, type shutdown /r. Last, if you want to log off, type shutdown /l.
- After choosing an option. Hit the Enter from your keyboard.
- That’s it. Now, wait for a while and then open the Apex Legend game to see if the issue is fixed.
Fix 3: Restart Your Game
In case you see that there is no ongoing server maintenance or issue. Try restarting your game to see if the Apex Legend code 429 error is fixed. To restarting your game follow the steps given below (for PC users only): –
- Initially, your need to close the game either by clicking on the quit button or pressing Alt + F4.
- Then, select the Apex Legend game and right-click on it. Now, from the drop-down list, click on the open button to relaunch the game.
- That’s it. Now, check if the error code is still persisted or not.
Fix 4: Make Sure You Have The Latest Version
Most of the time, the Apex legends code 429 error occurs when there are any pending updates, or you do not have the latest version of the game. To check for updates on Console, you just need to close the application and open it again if there is any update available. Then, it will automatically pop-ups and ask you to download the pending updates before loading the game,
However, if you are playing the Apex Legend game on Windows 10 PC, your game will automatically download the updates and install them when downloaded successfully. If you are using Steam to play Apex Legend on your PC, you have to go to the download section to see if there are any pending Apex Legend Updates.
Fix 5: Restart Your Router/Modem and Flush DNS
If the methods mentioned above don’t work for you, you may try rebooting your router/modem before logging again to the game server. Well, if you don’t know how to do this, follow the steps given below.
- The first and foremost step is to press the Windows Key from your keyboard.
- Then, type in “Command Prompt or cmd” and hit the enter key. Then, form the result, right-click on the appropriate one and select the option Run as Administrator.
- In case you have been asked to choose whether to allow Cmd to make changes to your system. Click on the Yes button.
- After that, you will see a new command prompt window with a black screen. Then type in the command one by one ipconfig /flushdns + enter key<ipconfig /registerdns +enter key<ipconfig /release +enter key<ipconfig /renew +enter key<netsh Winsock reset +enter key.
- Wait for a few seconds till the process is completed and restart your computer. Now, check if the Apex Legend code 429 error is fixed or not.
Fix 6: Contact to Support Team
If none of the methods work for you, you may try to contact to EA help center. In the EA help portal, the official will help you fix the Apex Legend code 429 error from your PC.
Whenever you face such kind of issue with Apex Legend, always try to check the official Twitter handle of EA help to know if the game is suffering from any server maintenance/downtime. That’s all we have for you on how to fix the Apex Legend code 429 error. We hope this guide helped you. If you liked this article, do show your love in the comment box. Further, for more helpful troubleshooting and exciting gaming guide, visit our website regularly.